34.

CHRIS POV

You know it takes a lot for me to give into someone or something

You know it takes a lot for me to give into someone or something. Now I have my reasons why I'm like this. But when Jada refused to sleep in the same bed that we actually conceived our daughter... yeah that wasn't going to fly.

And here we are...

"I don't see why I'm here. It's your bed you'll be sleeping on it" Jada said.

"Come on let's go" getting out of the car I walked to her side. She stood there covering her eyes from the bright sun. Waiting for to walk first... "do you have something in mind you want?".

Shaking my head "nope... that's why you are here".

Holding the door open for her... after she walked in I followed. "This store is huge".

"Exactly... so we have to a of beds to look at" I smiled.

"Again? Who's we?" She asked.

"You'll see" I smirked.

Making our way down the long aisle. Their were beds on each side of us. Jada kept glancing at me "pick one!".

"Not sure what I want. Maybe if you test out the beds for me. You know how I like my mattress. Let me get that book so we can flip through it" leaving Jada for a very short moment.

                                               •
                                               •

JADA POV

Chris is crazy. He couldn't go shopping for a new bed alone? He's going to be the one sleeping on it. Nevermind it's hot out here today. My ankles and feet were swollen and it was uncomfortable. But I'm here in this massive store looking for a bed for Chris.

"I mean you know how I like my mattress. Test the beds out for me" he said. When I turned to say something he disappeared. I needed to sit down though. Slowly taking a seat on the bed display. The mattress was so soft. I swore my body melted in the bed. Next thing I know I'm laying on it all comfortable.

"Excuse me? You can't lay on the beds" a woman's voice said.

Sitting up "oh I'm sorry". She nodded "Don't need to hear sorry just move".

"But how are you suppose to know which bed you like if you can't test them?" I asked. She rolled her eyes "Don't worry... cause I highly doubt you could even afford anything in here".

Looking around to make sure she was talking to me "hold up? One I can afford any of these beds. Second, you shouldn't work here. You stood here and profiled me based on my skin color. Where your boss?".

She fanned me "like my boss would believe someone like you. I mean look at you... didn't take much to get dressed, huh? A tie dye shirt and shorts. Wow".

"You must be dumb. Are you slow? Cause if not then what I'm about do to you won't be so bad on my part" I warned.

                                              •
                                              •

CHRIS POV

I wasn't gone for no more than twelve seconds. Walking back to where I left Jada. The scene in front of me took me by surprise. Jada has this woman on the floor as she was on top punching her. The woman was clearly crying and screaming. Dropping the book I ran over pulling Jada off of her "what the hell are you doing?!".

She went to go after her again but I pulled her back in a tight grip. The woman got up and ran off quickly. Turning her around "are you crazy?!".

"I don't know am I?" She asked.

"I don't even what to say..." she smiled "then don't say anything".

"Jada this isn't funny! You are pregnant and you here fighting someone. What if she had turned out to be a lot stronger than you?!" I asked.

"Can we please buy a bed from another store?" She asked.

"No! I found one already over in the next aisle" I said.

She didn't say anything. She just stood there with her arms crossed over her chest. Hearing a commotion coming our way we both looked. A big man was coming over to us with the same woman who was pointing.

"You two will either leave my store or will be escorted out by the police" he said.

"Come on let's go" Jada said.

"No we are not going anywhere" I said.

"Why would be with someone as violent of this ghetto bitch! She put her hands on me! I can't wait to press charges" the woman said.

"Look don't speak about my child's mother like that.
I can assume you did something to upset her. Never mind she's pregnant" I said.

"She did she came here being racist and saying some mean things to me. I felt threatened so I attacked" Jada said.

"She's lying! Why would I even waste time with someone like her?!" The woman said.

"It's because I look ten times better than you do and I'm not even wearing makeup. Jealous aren't you?" Jada said.

"Being black isn't something I need to be jealous about" the woman said.

"Look before this gets out of hand again. Either you fire her or I will be suing this place. No one and I mean no one should ever experience something so horrific in a public place" I said.

"Yeah and we want a bed of our choice too. Free. With all the trimmings!" Jada said. Turning to her she shrugged "why not?".

The man looked confused but agreed with us. He fired the woman and gave us a free bed with pillows and a sheet set. And whatever mattress we wanted. Jada smiled "wow the turn of events!".

"Look at me! I'm sorry that happened to you. What she did wasn't right by any means. Obviously she was raised that way. But I'm truly sorry I left you alone for that to happen" I said.

"Don't apologize on her behalf. She's an adult she knew what she was doing. And I can guarantee it wasn't she first time. But it was the first time she got her ass beat for it. Hopefully she will realize what will happen if she doesn't it again".

Jada looked at me and smiled "it's life... you live and learn". Pulling her into a hug "I promise that won't ever happen to you or our child again". She pulled back and looked at me with a smile.