"She was at our flat and nobody answered the door, so she called," he told Louis.

"He didn't make it," Louis said, more of a statement than a question.

Harry shook his head and ran his hands over his face.

"No. He didn't. I told her she could come here because she pretty obviously isn't in a good state to drive back," he sighed, "I always liked her dad. He volunteered to be an audience when I was singing so I could get used to performing in front of people."

"While you wait, why don't you come and record more?" a woman who was running the studio called. Harry sighed and went back in.

Louis's eyebrows were crinkled in thought.

"How did you know about this?" I asked.

"She was at our flat a few nights ago," he explained, "She's quite fit, isn't she? She's nice, too."

Yeah. She was, on both counts. Was it bad that I was really happy that her dad died so I could see her again?

Well, I wasn't happy that he died. I was happy that I could see her again. Maybe I'd be able to comfort her and it would end up like one of those sappy love stories where she'd be crying, then I'd gently kiss her and she'd kiss me back and...

"Zayn, I know you're thinking about Becca but now is not a good time to think about her in bed," Louis teased.

I blushed. In my daydream we had been snuggling on a bed, but I doubted that's what Louis was referring to. I made a face and flipped him off.

"That's cute," he snickered.

This was such a Louis thing to do. I didn't know what Harry had done to make him act so Louis-ish again, but I freaking loved him for it.

"Hey, boys, there's a girl saying she knows you guys? Her name's Becca?" a security guard said, poking his head in the room.

"Yeah. Let her in, she's Harry's friend," Liam said.

The guard nodded and disappeared.

"Hey, Harry, Becca's here," Louis called. I don't know if Harry heard exactly what he said because he wore headphones, but he got then gist of it. He came back out.

"Zayn was having naughty thoughts about her," Louis said, smirking at me.

"I'm going to assume that you are trying to be an arse and that he was not actually doing so," Harry said, pretending to be annoyed, but I could see the humor in his eyes.

Suddenly, he was practically tackled. Becca was apparently really fast. She had come in and crossed the room before any of us had noticed.

Once I had processed that she was there, I was once again greeted by butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

Somehow she looked beautiful even as she clung to Harry, tears streaking down her face.

"Shh," he murmured, sitting down with her. I wanted to be him. I wanted to be the one she was desperately holding on to. But I bit my tongue.

"I'm going to go record," I said. I wanted her to hear my voice and think to herself 'wow, Zayn's really good'! It wasn't likely because she was so upset, but I could feel my 'little crush' growing every second.

Harry's POV

I had never seen Becca cry in the lifetime that I'd known her. I'd seen her break her leg and she sat there and insisted that she was perfectly fine; she had tried to walk. Even when I had hit her, she remained perfectly calm and collected.