Chapter 10

Harry's POV

Three days later, I woke up with a feeling of dread and loss in my stomach.

It had been exactly one year since Gemma had died in my arms. I felt tears pool in my eyes and roll down my face.

And we conviniently had an interview. When Liam found out, he had almost had a panic attack. He blamed himself for some reason.

Liam, Zayn, and Niall had tried as hard as they could to cancel the interview. They knew I wouldn't be feeling the best and that I wanted to go home and be with my mother.

I wondered if Louis knew. I doubted it.

As if on cue, loud thumping came from my door.

"If you don't want to be late for this interview, I suggest you get your ass out of your bed!" he yelled.

"Go away!" I snapped.

Did I really have to deal with him today? I knew I wouldn't be able to take his verbal abuse.

Five minutes later, Liam called.

"How are you feeling?" he asked gently when I answered.

"Horrible," I whimpered, "I don't know if I can do this."

"Listen, we'll make sure they don't ask any personal questions. If you want, you don't even need to talk," he said kindly.

"Li, they're going to talk to me. They're going to want to know about the concert and how it was for my first time," I sniffed, "And I can't just not talk."

"I'm so sorry, Harry. I really tried to get it cancelled. But I couldn't reach Simon in time before they announced it and we've never cancelled an interview, even the one right after Aubrey died," Liam sighed.

"I don't think I'll be able to handle him today. I just can't," I said.

"Does he know?" Liam asked.

"No. Besides, if he did, he would just rub it in my face like the stupid prick that he is!" I snarled.

"Calm down, Harry. We'll make sure he doesn't say anything," he said carefully.

"Whatever. I'll see you in a bit," I mumbled. Then I hung up.

I didn't want to get up. And I really didn't want to see Louis. But I had to. I rolled out of bed, getting a slight dizzy rush. I threw on random clothes, not really caring. Then I went to the bathroom. My eyes were red. I couldn't find the ability to care.

I finally ventured outside of my room. I wasn't hungry, so I simply sat on the couch in front of the TV. He was in his room still.

I knew that if I called my mom, I'd wind up a sobbing mess. I decided to wait until after the interview.

"Finally. I thought you were going to sleep through the interview," Louis drawled as he walked in.

I didn't say anything.

"Aren't you going to eat? As much as I want you to, I don't think that the others want you to starve to death," he sneered.

"Shut up and leave me alone!" I yelled, mentally cursing when my voice cracked.

"Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Louis said.

"No. I'm just not in the mood for you to constantly pester me because its the one year anniversary of Gem....," I growled. I felt tears prickle in my eyes. Louis seemed a little surprised for a second.

"I get it," he said quietly, "Don't think that I don't. You were right, you can understand me more than the others. And I can understand how you feel also."