Chapter 35

Liam's POV

I settled into a routine.

Wake up, go to rehearsal, have a very tense and uncomfortable rehearsal, leave, do random things, wake Harry up from a nightmare, and then go to sleep.

It had been a a week since they'd broken up, and Harry woke up screaming or crying every single night. One night, he'd even vomited when he woke up. Thankfully, he'd made it to the loo in time.

Those were the only times I saw him show any emotion. And it was always fear.

He was cold as ice and completely emotionless during the day. He acted indifferent when Louis stared at him like a lost puppy. He seemed not to notice when Louis sat in the corner and sniffled quietly.

But as soon as rehearsal ended...

I wondered if Harry knew I could hear him crying when we got back after rehearsals.

I saw the little flickers of pain in his eyes when Louis walked into a room.

Speaking of Louis, he looked ready to keel over.

His eyes were permanently watery and blood-shot, and he always looked like he'd just woken up, with his hair and clothes messy.

His voice was hoarse, but his singing wasn't quite as bad as it had been the first rehearsal.

The fans noticed.

I saw the worried tweets, wondering why he always looked so upset.

The Larry shippers were saying Louis and Harry had broken up, only to get ridiculed by non-Larry-shipping fans.

They were the correct ones, though. I always had to laugh bitterly to myself whenever I saw one of their tweets, determined that a Larry breakup was the reason for Louis's sudden change.

We were all exhausted even though the tour hasn't even started yet. We were tired of trying to avoid the awkwardness that Harry and Louis brought with them. But it was impossible.

I wasn't nearly as angry with Louis as I had been. I felt pity for both he and Harry. They needed each other. Without the other, they didn't seem to be able to function properly.

"Li?" a soft whimper said from my doorway.

I looked up and saw Harry.

"What's up?" I asked.

He hesitated, but sighed.

"I'm scared to go to sleep. Do you think maybe...maybe I can sleep with you tonight?" he asked shyly.

"Of course you can!" I answered, moving over to give him room to lay down.

He smiled slightly and crawled in next to me.

I noticed how completely worn out he looked.

"I'm scared to sleep, Li," he muttered, "Cause I know I'll have a nightmare. About Louis. They're always about him dying or getting hurt or us fighting again."

"Nobody should have to be scared to go to sleep," I said softly.

"I am," Harry argued.

"Hold on," I said, getting up.

I went into the loo, and got a small bottle of pills. I examined the label.

They were sleeping pills I had gotten a while ago. I'd been having trouble sleeping on tour, so I'd gotten a prescription for them.

I took two and went back to my room with the pills and a glass of water.

"Here, take these. They'll help you sleep better," I said, handing them to Harry.