Chapter 4

Harry's POV

I woke up and glanced at the time. Good. I had an hour before Louis and I would leave.

I took a shower and debated about drying my hair. I decided to let it dry by itself. It was two hours until the interview, it would be dry by then.

I put a shirt and trousers on, then threw a blazer over top of the shirt. I wasn't entirely sure what 'interview dress' was, so I decided not to look fancy but not exactly casual. Warily, I walked into the kitchen. Surprisingly, Louis was there.

I was greeted with a now familiar death-stare.

 "Good morning," I said pleasantly. Louis didn't reply.

I made myself toast, suddenly feeling to nervous for anything else. I wondered what I would be asked. What if Louis suddenly started yelling at me again? What if I answered a question badly and got in trouble with management?

My mind buzzed with worries.

"You look like you're trying to have a staring contest with that piece of toast."

I jerked out of my thoughts. Louis had something almost like an entertained smile on his face. When his eyes locked with mine, it vanished.

"Be ready in ten minutes, because I will leave without you," he threatened as he left the kitchen.

I stared at Louis's retreating form. I could have sworn that for a second, the other boy had smiled a real smile. Not a dark, sarcastic, or fake one, but almost like he was going to laugh.

I reminded myself that Louis was human, after all. He still possessed the capability to smile, even if I had never seen him do so.

I took my toast and left the kitchen. My hair was still damp, but it looked decent. I sat on the couch in front of the TV until Louis came back out of his room. Neither of of said anything the entire way there. There was something relieving about the silence, like both of us were grateful not to be arguing.

 Louis seemed to know exactly where to go. He opened a door and walked into a room that Liam, Niall, and Zayn were already in.

"You made it in one piece," Niall commented. He winked at me. Louis sat down and kept quiet.

"And you're actually on time for once, Lou," Liam added.

I expected Louis to immediately lash out, but he surprisingly stayed silent.

"So, Harry. It's mainly going to be about you," Liam said, turning to me.

"No pressure," Zayn joked.

"Shut it, Zayn. Anyways, it'll be pretty easy. Just how you feel about joining one of the biggest boy bands in the world, your background, etc. There'll probably be questions asking us how we feel about it. But other than that, this should be fairly easy," Liam continued.

I could only imagine what Louis would say when asked how he felt about me joining. Something about how I didn't deserve it and how I was. I couldn't see Louis doing that on live television, though.

 A woman walked in. She looked at the boys.

"She's our stylist," Niall whispered.

 "Good. Come with me for hair," the woman said. I wrinkled my nose. I didn't want anyone touching my curls. But I followed the boys anyways.

 She looked me over, and then ran her fingers through my hair.

"Can't do much with you. But you're lucky if looks good naturally anyways," she commented. None of us got much done. She sternly looked at Louis before rubbing some makeup under his eyes to mask the dark circles under them.