"Master Daniel, to notify Miss Ane of our arrival, would you like for me to hand you the cell phone, or will you knock on her door?"

"The cell, please," I replied. "Actually, can you call? Don't mention I'm here."

Having the Mayflowers meet me for the first time in the middle of the night does not sound in any way favorable to any of us, especially when taking in consideration the news that their daughters have just dropped on them. News that made needles prick my skin, and will, without a doubt, have them wonder about my intentions, depending on how I approach them someday.

I turned my attention back to Ane's home as the driver punched in the number to the Mayflower line. Through the window, I spotted a much older version of Ane; mature, big-boned, and with meat in all the right places, rushing to the telephone on the living room wall. Her figure was spotless, and seemed soft to the touch. Akosua Mayflower. My type of woman. I'll admit, I once had a wild dream of her in my younger days that left me physically drained and confused. One of my best dreams, hands down. Knowing where Ane's genes come from, I know for a fact that I will be left breathless for years to come. Can't deny the truth.

The call ended in a matter of seconds. Soon enough, Ane walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, along with her father and Teresa. They all hugged before Ane waved them a goodbye.

Her hips swayed to her sides as she reached for the door. Her chest followed along, perky and lively. For a brief moment, she pulled on her turtleneck blouse, one she wore without a single doubt in my mind to hide away all of the hickeys from last night. Fuck. I found myself lifting my shirt up to my lips, flustered from the thought that Roger may have seen mine. He didn't even comment on it!

I adjusted myself once more before Ane came out of the house.

Too much excitement for the day, in both the good way, and the bad way. Patience, patience, Daniel.

☆☆☆

After closing the car door, Ane's fine backside pressed itself against the seat, and adjusted itself accordingly. A sigh escaped out of her before her eyes, by chance, landed on me. A flicker of panic rose in them.

"Oh, oh shit!" she exclaimed, jolting a bit. Her hands instinctively covered her face, but she forced them back down when she realized who exactly she was looking at. On their way down, they trembled. "Daniel, what the hell! Don't scare me like that, I thought I was alone!"

I chuckled. "I didn't do anything."

My girlfriend held a hand against her chest. "Exactly! Say a quick hello or somethin'! I'm not tryin' to die here from a goddamn heart attack," she grumbled, shaking her head. A few moments of silence passed, allowing her to collect herself. "Why're you here, anyway? For me? Thanks, I guess, but you really didn't have to worry. It... it went well. Mom and Dad, they... they're glad that we finally opened up." Her other hand grabbed a hold on mine, and squeezed it. It was hot to the touch. "Sorry if you were already sleeping. I, I didn't think you would be told of this."

She eyed the driver for a brief second, more than likely waiting for some form of apology. Not a single peep came out of him.

"Ane, it's fine. I was on my way to the residence," I said, squeezing her hand back and inching myself closer to her. Upon leaning my head on her shoulder, I noticed the dampness of her blouse. "I was at Roger's."

"Roger's, huh," she mumbled. Her bloodshot eyes followed the homes passing us by. They faced mine again when wilderness surrounded us. "What did you do there?"

I rested and took a shower there, after fainting on someone's lawn. Jade was there, almost made me lose it for the second time in the day. Made that sicko cry and beg for forgiveness to Roger and I. Only calmed myself down for Roger. Even then, I was angry at him, for being who he is. He lacked any form of hatred for her, and denied her of having anything to be sorry about to him. Claimed she was cornered and had no choice but to have him become a monster, for her survival. That for all she knew, the underworld may have had tabs on him long before she brought him down. That no, she wasn't his connection to his alias. That she could live on and repent, similar to him.