06 | His Point of View

☆☆☆ Chapter 6 ☆☆☆

His Point of View

*Daniel's Point of View (POV)*

I was wrong── incredulously wrong, to have given Ane anything. I really should have known better. There are limits to my curiosity and eagerness to get to know her wired within me, but I just couldn't feel them anywhere until the line was crossed and miles away from where I now stood. Seeing that it was far too late to fix things, I sat on a chair, keeping my head in one piece with the palms of my hands, wondering how I could explain things to Ane when she wakes up tomorrow with the most painful hangover she'll ever have.

I hate the fact that there was a moment spoon-fed to me by Opportunity itself to stop Ane from embarrassing herself, solely because I overlooked it just like an overworked editor would to the last manuscript at hand for the day: in between Ane's third and fourth drink, I noticed her glare, yes, glare at Rachel. It was intense. Ane's eyes were wild, bitter and... empty, despite the rest. It was strange, and frankly it shook me to the core because I had little to no idea of what she had in mind, but I knew that if I had just talked to her the same way I usually do, I could have easily filled the emptiness she felt with her crystal clear emotional confusion over me.

Of course, as already known, not even a peep I made as I observed Ane's inner turmoil, like the creep I am, slowly drive her into guzzling down the entire jug of Roger's homemade blend of ice, fruits, vodka, tequila, my family's wine, and basically anything stored in his mini-bar, that he had made for us all to share. I'm almost certain she did it to either drink away her thoughts or drown in them, and once she stuffed herself with that one-gallon rubber jug she was done for. Nobody was able to save her.

In fact, it only bred conflict. It did not take long for a fight to break out between her and Rachel, if it could even be called a fight! Bo, Roger and I had to save Rachel from Ane! She was attacked for no reason!

Ane, completely slammed, launched herself onto Rachel and tried to start a fight, yanking off Rachel's wig, tugging at her arms and scratching them, screaming to the world that it wasn't fair. After repeating herself many times, I was able to piece together Ane's hazy thoughts, with it being: "I pity you, but I'm also jealous. You get to do whatever your cute little mind wants without even a small drop of fear to make you hesitate."

It goes without saying that it concerned me to hear those words come out of Ane.

When we got Ane off Rachel, it didn't stop her from lashing out at us with her nails, demanding us to get her something else to drink. I did as she ordered, but I knew I should not have done it. She was overly hysterical and had to be calmed down, but we all didn't know how to approach her without making her scream at the top of her lungs, which brought us all to this very moment:

"And. She. Said. It's not faaaaaiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrr... you gots to be his perfffffffffonal maid and you'll, like, toTALly be befffide him all of da time and I wuz like, no, I AM NOT LIKIIIINGGG THIS SITT...SITUATION. I DON'T LIKE THAT CUUUTE LiTtLe BLONDiE── " Ane cooed.

I didn't have to look up at her to know she was holding a bottle of wine as if her life depended on it.

"Thanks for saying that, I'm flattered," I sighed, completely defeated.

"NO pROblemM HOOT... HOoT STUff── wait A fLippin' SECOND. I JUST SSSssaAiAAAAAID HOT sTUff! THATsS AWKWARD! WHY THE HELL WOULD I SAY THAT FO...FOr?! I DON'T... I DON't LikE yOU!"

When I finally decided to look up at her, it felt as if I was watching a flexible seesaw; Ane's entire body staggered from left to right and right to left. Her legs looked as sturdy as overcooked noodles.