29 | The Healing Process

☆☆☆ Chapter 29 ☆☆☆

The Healing Process

Everything happened a little too fast, or perhaps I was just too slow to process things.

I blinked once, and there were paramedics everywhere. I blinked twice, and Daniel's parents stood in horror. I blinked once more, and down Jordan was, passed out and pale. Fiona, on the other hand, held herself from falling by grabbing onto the door handle, covering her mouth and gagging after noticing my bloody hands all over her weeping son. When I dared to blink again, the paramedics were taking her dying daughter away. Right behind them she followed, and so did my sister.

I didn't see them for an entire day after that.

At the very least, it wasn't something drastic like what Jordan had done when he came to; he stood, with his emerald eyes wide and frozen and locked on his daughter's pool of blood, for what felt to be ages. As Jordan stared and stared with yet another expression I couldn't read, I held his son tight and remained as still as possible, scared shitless, shushing and cradling him, 'til Jordan finally walked out in what seemed to be a haze. Who knows what he had in mind, but unlike Teresa and Fiona, he failed to come back at all── that was the last time we all saw him as of today, 'bout two weeks after.

Hilery and Joel thankfully didn't have the chance to see the evidence of what I did 'cuz they weren't even at the residence during the time it had happened, but they did try to talk to me the following day.

Joel himself apologized for basically giving me the weapon I used on Jade. He believed that he gave me the motivation to do it, and so I tried to comfort him by saying I would've used the knife under my pillow if I didn't have the pocket knife (which was very possible), but I think it only alarmed him more than he already was. Hilery, too, was concerned about me.

They weren't the only ones alarmed by me though. Many servants were unfortunate enough to have passed by my red-soaked bedroom. Some even had to clean it. I helped out, too, and it creeped them out. I mean, who wouldn't be? I don't blame them, but it didn't stop me. It kinda helped me doing it, 'cuz it made me think back on what I'd done── on all I have done, and of how sick I was. Of how dire the situation was upstairs, in my head.

When I finally told Daniel that I was more than ready to try a session, I could tell an entire weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. The way his smile warmed up and tugged at the good parts of my soul was more than enough to show it, but the embrace of encouragement he'd given me the very first time he dropped me off at Dr. Connor's office reassured me of it. He kept those sweet hugs goin' every single time he dropped me off, but that first time was special. I'm fully convinced that he cried to himself from how overjoyed he was, from how proud he felt of me, once I was out of his sight back then.

It's now gonna be my umpteenth time visiting Dr. Connor.

I gotta say, I'm super glad that I haven't been strapped into a straitjacket and shipped off to a psych ward (yet), but still, c'mon, two to three times a week for a little chat? That's crazy!

Actually, nevermind that. I need it.

As of yet, I feel no change in me and honestly it's more than just a little hard to talk to a stranger 'bout super personal things for an hour, but I'll be damned if I don't at least do my best to tackle this new challenge── especially after maniacally stabbing a little girl, blinded by a dangerously unstable rage.

It was only out of a miracle that she survived through it.

*Jade's Point of View (POV)*