1: The Doctor's Report

TW: Abuse

Midoriya POV

I looked at the doctor on the brink of tears, as his words slowly tore away all of my hopes and dreams. 

"I-I'm sorry, but you don't have a quirk," the doctor said. The doctors face showed small hints of guilt and sadness, but I guess he was used to this by now. Several people were disappointed with their quirks, parents getting upset when their children had a weak ability in this power hungry society. So you could only imagine the anger in my mother's eyes as she found out how weak I really was. 

"A-And what about his ranking?" My mother asks, irritation clear in her tone. 

"He-He is an Omega." The doctor says. I couldn't hold back my tears as they began to pour down my cheeks, my future seeming to crumble down before my eyes. 

"Thank you Doctor, we shall be leaving now." My mom says taking my arm roughly and pulling me out of the doctors office. She continued to pull me, a crying mess the whole way to the car. Once we got in she slapped me, a sting lingering on the side of my tear stained cheek.

"You really are useless, first you're quirkless and now you're an Omega. You will never get a mate who will actually love you, and you will never become a hero. You are a burden and an embarrassment to this family..." She was muttering to herself as she got in the front seat and continued to drive home.

After a few minutes of silence she stopped the car and got out opening my door. I took my seat belt off and climbed out tripping over air, wait no, I saw her foot placed by ankle...she tripped me.

"Useless..." She muttered slamming the car door shut as the bottom of the door scraped my head. I winced in pain standing up, but followed behind her, occasionally wiping the blood from the top of my head. I will become a hero, whether you help me or not. We get inside and I only managed to close the door before a vase was thrown at me, soil, glass, and a few flowers covering me. The glass cutting my neck, cheeks and arms as I struggled to move. I held in a whimper of pain fearing that she would lash out again if I made noise.

She walked out the room and I take that as my chance to get up and go to my room. I feel the shards of glass pierce through my hands and feet as I force myself to stand. I ran as fast and quietly as possible to my room, going into the bathroom to clean up the blood.

"You were and are a mistake Izuku!" She yells from somewhere amongst the house. A few seconds later she was in my room, I hadn't even had time to remove the bits of glass embedded in my skin. She was standing in front of me, holding a half empty bottle of alcohol. 

"YOU'RE THE REASON HE LEFT!" She yelled. She was referring to my father who left a few weeks ago, I never knew why, but now I think I know. She threw the bottle at me, the alcohol entering my already open cuts and burning my skin. I couldn't breathe properly as she pushed me to the ground her foot on my chest. 

"M..Mom... p-please... s..stop. You're hurting...me." I cry out. She sneered at me and rolled me over properly so my back was on the other broken glass pieces, cutting my back even more.

"Who do you think you are? Thinking you can talk to me like that?" She growled angrily at me, continuing to press her foot against my chest. She punched me a few times drawing more blood, until I saw her leave before everything went dark.

I was only five but I was smart for my age, that's the only thing my mother likes about me, but after the results she was too blinded by disappointment to praise me for that anymore.  She probably wants to abandon me or something but thought there's no fun in that, so she just hurts me and calls me names, similar to what Kacchan does. Ever since he got his quirk, he bullies me because I'm 'weaker' than him. That's why he calls me Deku, it means useless which is what everyone says I am. But I can't give in, I have to stay strong because I'm not useless...right?