"I fucking told him not to go in!" He punches the wall and looks back at me.

I feel my tear drop onto my cheek, "Cam.."

"He's fine!" He has to be.

"Camila..." he tries to talk to me again.

"I said he's fine! He said he'd be back, I just spoke to him! He's fine!" I raise my voice feeling my emotions ready to come crashing down.

He promised.

"Come on Ma" George guides her into the kitchen.

She holds her arms around George as she sobs into his chest.

He can't be gone, he just can't be.

Two weeks later.

"Has she moved out of bed yet?" I hear brads voice speak to Asher as they stare at me laying in bed.

"Just to the toilet and to shower but she isn't eating and I've tried talking to her but she won't talk...she hasn't even cried"

Brad sighs, "They got an ID on the bodies"

"Was he one?"

"No, Leo Evans and the one burnt in the Humvee was Zack Rodriguez both on his squad, Ace, Frankie and Roxie is still missing"

"Fuck, do you think he's alive?"

"I don't know, it would be lucky if both Ace and I survived something like I did..if they have him, they won't let him go"

"If you are going to sit and talk while staring at me, leave" my tone clipped.

I want to be alone.

Ash huffs closing the door behind him, "Her friends are on her way" I hear him tell Brad. I roll over staring out the window at the clear blue sky.

He has to come back to me, we haven't had enough time. We haven't had our forever, we only had three weeks together before he left. He'll come back, I give him things hoping it was a lucky charm but I guess I'm just the unlucky charm, when will I ever get my happy ending? Everything goes wrong in my life, everything. Why can't I just keep one good thing...Ace, I can't lose him too. I close my eyes stopping my tears, "He'll be back" I whisper to myself.

A few days later.

"Hey Cam" Julia says sitting on the bed, "I brought you some McDonald's, I thought maybe you'd be hungry" her voice soft, no excitement like her usual tone.

I turn around seeing her sympathetic face looking down at me, "I got you a Big Mac" she softly chuckle looking down.

I press my lips into a thin line as I feel my vision become blurry, "Oh, Cam" she pulls me up into her arms. I burst into tears holding my arms around her, she stokes my head trying to soothe me.

"Let it all out" her own voice getting choked up.

After I cry for an hour in Julia's arms she convinced me to get out of bed, we sit in the living room in silence. It's probably awkward for them but not for me. All my thoughts are on Ace, hoping he'll come back to me.

I slowly eat feeling full after a few bites but I know I need to eat otherwise I'll be back to square one with my weight which I worked so hard to gain.

I stare into space listening to Ash and Julia make difficult conversation with one and other as I gradually eat.

"Cam.." I hear snapping me out of the storm going around in my head.

I look towards Julia, "Do you maybe want to go for a walk? Maybe go see Hannah or Lillian? You haven't left the apartment in almost three weeks"

I nod slowly, I should maybe see how Lillian is. she's lost her son and I'm sure she's going a lot worse than me.

"I'll uhm.. go myself, I want to see Lillian" I quietly say.

"Okay"

I go for a shower and brush my teeth, pulling my naturally dried hair into a messy bun. I throw on some leggings and a plain t-shirt with my white toms and head out to my car for the first time in three weeks. I sigh fixing the interior mirror looking myself in the eyes. My eyes still puffy and bloodshot, i feel my eyes begin to water again but look up stopping them from falling.

He is fine and he'll be back, that is what I know.

_______________________________

Please vote comment and follow☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕