Chapter 28

Ace's POV

I open my eyes expecting to see Cam laying naked beside me but she isn't, I sit up rubbing my eyes looking around the dark room. It's still night so I have no idea where she could be. My eyes snap to the large window in front to the balcony glass sliding doors, Camila is standing out on the balcony leaning against the ledge with a blanket wrapping around her petite frame.

It's freezing outside what is she doing?

I stand up and slide the balcony door open, she turns her head around to me but looks back out to the lake.

"What you doing out here, it's freezing?" I wrap my arms around her waist holding her tight to my chest.

"I couldn't sleep" she leans her head back on me as i place my chin on her shoulder.

"How come, what's wrong?"

"I'm just thinking" she sighs, "Why are you awake?" She asks.

"Because you aren't in bed"

She stays silent, her eyes staring out into the distance. She seems so far away, like she isn't even here. "Baby, you can talk to me"

"I know.."

"So talk to me" I say above a whisper.

"I have to tell you something" her voice shaky, I can feel the colour drain in my body at those words. Does she not love me or is there more that she hasn't told me?

"Okay, lets go inside because it's freezing"

She nods and I guide her back inside locking the door back up and turn on the bedside lamp, we sit down on the end of the bed and I look her way waiting for her to tell me. She chews on the inside of her cheek, as her fingers begin to fiddle with each other, the blanket slung over her shoulders.

"What is it?" I ask placing my hand over hers which brings her hands to a still.

My phone rings and she jumps wiping the tears daring to fall, "You should get that"

"That can wait" I wipe the tear that falls to her cheek.

It continues to ring as we stare into each others eyes, "Just answer it" she forces out a laugh.

I grunt stretching over to pick up my phone, "What!?" I snare, not reading caller ID.

"It's Hannah..." George says out of breath, "She in labour and we're on our way to the hospital, Hurry up! I'm gonna have another kid!" He enthuses the latter part.

"Okay, we'll meet you guys there!" I laugh and hang up.

"Who was that?"

"It was George, Hannah is in labour"

"Oh my god! That's great" she rushes over to the wardrobe.

"Cam, we can finish our conversation first"

She turns to me holding underwear in her hand, her eyes shielding behind something which I wish I knew what it was.

"I'm fine, it was stupid" she laugh but no humour behind it, "I'm away to quickly brush my teeth" she walks to the bathroom now holding a pile of clothes, I nod in response not sure on what to say.

It obviously wasn't stupid otherwise she wouldn't have cried trying to tell me, I just wish she'd talk to me because I'll be here to support her, no matter what.

I quickly throw black jeans and a white plain t-shirt on and a pair of all black vans, I head into the bathroom not bothering to knock.

When I walk in Camila is standing in front of the mirror with black and blue yoga pants on and a plain black bra, she standing side on at the mirror staring at herself but she turns when she notices my presence, she half smiles before taking the t-shirt off the counter and pulling it over her head, I smile when I realise it's my plain black t-shirt.