Two Months Later

Depuis le début

I looked down unable to refute her words. “Do you know the reason why I took you back?” Sandra said and I looked at her curiously. I nodded and she took a deep breath about to explain. Ever since…Kath left, I never understood why Sandra took me back.

“that night, after I found out you cheated on me with Kath…” Sandra started to narrate.

• Two Months Earlier •

Sandra arrived at her home with tears rolling down on her cheek. She wiped her tears roughly but they didn’t stop flowing. She sat on her couch and buried her face in her hands. “How could you Dave” she sobbed, “I never thought you could do this. You were my friend, my best friend”.

Sandra looked up and remembered all the moments spent with Dave. “Lies! They were all lies!” she screamed and cried more. Sandra wiped her tears failingly and saw a white envelope on her television. She looked at it confused and picked it up.

Sandra studied the envelope, “what is this?”. She frowned and opened it. There was a letter in it. This was strange, this sort of thing had never happened before. She unfolded the letter and read it.

‘I hope you see this letter Sandra, and if you do, please take Dave back’. Sandra read. She was dumbfounded. “Who is this?” she mumbled in shock. She kept on reading. ‘This is Katherine, I know you hate me now for everything that has happened but please hear me out. I never wanted to separate you and Dave. He is my friend and I can see you mean a lot to each other. I would never separate that’.

‘No matter what has happened, Dave loves you. He has loved you for a long time now and I am so sad that I ruined his happiness, you. Dave may have made a mistake but please forgive him. It was all my fault, Dave just really wanted to help me with my wishes’ Sandra found her resolve crumbling over the sincerity of the letter.

‘I would love to have told you personally but I had to leave. I was just causing everyone pain. All you need to know Sandra, is, Dave loves you. He has eyes for only you and that's the truth. I know it will be hard for you to forgive him but try to because he really loves you... Sometimes, men do some really stupid things and hurt the ones who love them and the ones they love. Dave loves you, don't forget that. Love is very special...true love is very special, don't forget that’

•PRESENT TIME •

I stared at Sandra in shock. Kath…did all that for me? I suddenly missed her more than before. “What are you saying Sandra? What is the point of all this?” I asked unwilling to get Sandra’s point.

“It was my mistake to believe Kath that night, because the one you loved wasn’t me, it was her” Sandra admitted sadly, “you only liked the idea of us. Perhaps you did love me sometime ago but those feelings faded away when you met Kath”. I sucked in a breath.

I shook my head. “No” I refused shocked, “I am not in love with Kath, stop putting words in my mouth”. I was upset because I was afraid it was the truth.

“I knew it that you loved Kath too. I realized it during the time you came. All you could talk about was her and I got jealous. I had long planned to tell you about my feelings and then Kath showed up. I was upset” Sandra confessed, “I decided to confess to you at the zoo because I felt I was loosing you to her. I thought by dating you, you would focus on me and fall in love with me all over again but…I failed”.

“If I hadn’t done that, maybe none of this would have happened” She shook her head regretfully, “we wouldn’t be dealing with this mess”.

“i…” I didn’t know what to say.

“Say nothing more Dave” Sandra cut me off, “search deep within your heart and find out what you truly want, who you truly love”. “But for now, we are over” She added and got up. She shot me a sad smile before walking away.