Meet Katherine

A wise man travels to discover himself.

•|•|•|•|•

Katherine's POV

Finally!

I am free,free to run and jump! Honestly,living in that house made me feel like freaking Rapunzel. I can't wait to explore the world,see new places...i was almost jumping in the seat of the taxi i boarded. I looked out the window excitedly,lights shone in every dark corner of the streets. It looked beautiful,just like I had seen on TV.

"Lagos is so beautiful at night" I whispered in awe

"Lagos is so beautiful at night" I whispered in awe. The driver smiled at me through the mirror and I smiled back. People seem nice enough,I don't know what my parents were so worried about. The driver stopped in front of a large,classy building "We're here".

"Oh,thank you" I grinned and gave him three thousand naira. "Keep the change" I added coming out of the taxi. The taxi man grinned and drove off. Now,you must be wondering why I came here,why would you go to a club on the day you finally became free? I came to see my best friend Liz whose father is my dad's associate so we are really close.

Yes yes,let's clarify it. I am Katherine Okafor and my father is Don Okafor,the most terrifying and dangerous man in Nigeria...but he is big ol' softie to me. I giggled at the thought. He is a big ol'softie to only me and no one else.

Since this my first time in a public place,i better look good. I brought out a make up mirror staring at my reflection. I took after my father. I have brown skin that I refer to as bronze,brown eyes and plaited my hair with attachment so long it reached my hips. I wore a black leather jacket,pink short-sleeved top inside,black jeans trousers and black boots. I looked so much like a bad girl. I smiled and looked up at the building.

"This is it" I took a deep breath and stepped into the club. Loud music and flashing lights defined the room. The lights blinded me a bit but I was too awestruck to even close my eyes. Everywhere looked beautiful,people were dancing,laughing,talking...it looked so fun.

"Wow...it's breathtaking!".

It looked exactly like the kind of parties my dad throws,except for the fact that there are no gang members,so fun. I took my time looking for Liz while looking around. Soon,i saw her dancing with some people.

"Liz! Liz!" I called but she didn't hear me,this music is so loud. "LIZ!" I marched to her and dragged her.

"Katherine?!" Liz said shocked. Her shocked look morphed in one of disbelief then happiness. "is it really you or am I imagining it?! You...you are finally out of your house. I can't believe it".

I laughed over the loud music as she rambled in disbelief. Her eyes sparkled just like the ring on her nose. Liz had ridiculously fair skin,she had a pointed nose and her hair was extremely black,she curled it and it made her look so hot. She wore a black leggings. Her nylon crop top was also black with laced sleeves. She looked wonderful.