Imprinted in my Heart

You leave such an imprint on my heart that I can still feel you beside me wherever I go.

•|•|•|•|•

Dave's POV.

The sun rays blinded my eyes and I groaned. I turned around, with my eyes still closed and felt my arms wrap somebody. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Somebody? I tried to open my eyes and when I did, I blinked several times before I saw the sight on my bed. My eyes widened in shock.

Kath was sleeping right next to me with a blanket over her body. She looked so peaceful and I cursed silently, "shit shit shit". I closed my eyes remembering the events of last night and to be honest, it was amazing. I looked at Kath next to me and I cursed again.

'Why did I do it?' I groaned silently, wallowing in self pity 'Sandra will hate me if she finds out. She will never forgive me, what do I do?'. I looked at Kath again and decided to get up. It would be worse than awkward for her to wake up and see me on the bed.

I got up and went to the bathroom. I took a bath and wore my clothes, the same clothes I wore yesterday. I sat on a couch close to the bed and stared at Kath contemplatively and observantly.

'What was I thinking? What have I done? With just this deed, I have offended important people' I thought, 'Sandra, Sam and Mom will be disappointed, Chris will kill me, Don Okafor will end me'. My face contorted in horror.

I stared at Kath as I thought of what would happen to me if they found out. I frowned, feeling oddly upset that this could have been Kyle and Kath. Yes, it would have spared me the hypertension of wondering if anyone would find out but still, it made me uncomfortable.

I promised Kath I would help her finish her list so this is probably what I meant. I mean, I kind of helped her to complete her wish list. Yeah, that is probably what I was thinking last night, that should be it. I snapped out of my thoughts when Kath suddenly stirred in her sleep. Her back was facing me so I couldn't tell if she had woken up.

She raised her head and whipped her head back. She saw me and faced me, gripping the blanket to her chest. She looked disoriented and confused. "Did...Did it really happen?" She asked skeptically. I shouldn't be saying this but seeing her like that made me want a repeat of last night.

I nodded my head slowly in fear of her reaction. She looked surprised and looked away in disbelief. "That can't be...wow" she said to herself in disbelief.

I began apologizing, "I am very sorry about last night Kath, I am really sorry". "I just" I tried to explain but I couldn't explain.

"I should have stopped myself" Kath scolded herself looking upset, "I just caused more problems for you. I always cause problems for you. You and Sandra, if she finds out about it...". Kath looked scared now.

"I...Kath, stop blaming yourself. It wasn't your fault, it was my stupidity" I told her, holding her hands in mine, "but please, we should never mention this to Sandra. We can't tell her, it should be our secret". I was crouched in front of Kath.

She looked worried but nodded. I sighed in relief and found myself kissing Kath's forehead, "thank you Kath". I got up and headed for the door, "I...have to go. It's 11 in the morning and I'm sure everyone is wondering where I am".

Kath smiled softly, worry still in her eyes, "okay, bye". I was about to leave when I heard Kath mumbling to herself, "I still put Dave in trouble. It would have been better if it was Kyle I slept with, at least Dave wouldn't be in a mess".