Three's a Crowd

Good friends are a treasure worth more than anything in the world.

Wish #3: try something new/weird.

•|•|•|•|•

Dave's POV

I felt so angry and upset at Kath for whatever she is hiding from me. Why can't she just tell me? Those men at the carnival almost hit her badly,what would I have done them if anything happened to her?

I ran my fingers through my hair frustrated and sat on the bed,musing over what Kath didn't want to tell me. Is it that her father is a dangerous politician or so? I mean,that would explain everything,but I can't keep assuming things for her. Kath will have to tell me with her own mouth.

After thinking for a while,I felt cooler and then I realized what I told Katherine.

"Then find someone else to help you with your silly wishes..."

"Oh no" I groaned,throwing my head back,my hands on my face. "I shouldn't have told her that" I said,my voice muffled against my hands. "I hope Kath isn't sad,she gets a bit sensitive".

My ears perked up,hearing a knock on the door and I looked up. Kath leaned on the door,her eyes fixed on me.

She looked down once my eyes met hers. "I'm sorry Dave,I don't mean to hide things from you...".

Is she going to tell me? I thought,holding bated breath.

Kath's eyes met mine and they were filled with sadness and pain. It made me wonder what exactly is Katherine hiding that is making her feel so sad?

"...but i can't tell you" Kath completed,deflating my hopes. I took a deep breath,trying not to shoot Kath an annoyed look.

"It's...alright" I forced out through gritted teeth. "I guess I understand it is important to you if you don't want to tell me...".

"Yes,it is very important" Kath said,smiling in relief. She entered the room and sat next to me.

"...but I need to know. What happened today was unexpected? You getting attacked by dangerous looking men..." I said,trying to get Kath to reason with me. "Something is wrong and how can I help if I know nothing?".

"No!" Kath exclaimed,her eyes widened in horror as she stared in mine. "No,do not try to help. It's better if you are in the dark,this way you won't be in danger".

"If today's attack isn't the last of it,I am already in danger" I exclaimed exasperated,wondering how Kath reasoned. "Isn't it better if I at least know what I am dealing with?".

"No" Kath answered,raising her chin proudly with shut eyes. She looked like a Queen, "Trust me you are better off like this".

"Urgh!" I grunted in frustration and got up. I patted my jeans and headed for the door. If I stay in here trying to reason with her,I will just go crazy.

"Hey,where are you going?".

"Away from you and to make food. If I stay here any longer with you,you will make me go crazy!" I said unhappily,raising my hands in exasperation.

Kath seemed amused by my plight and pouted at me,humoured. "Aww,is Davy baby going to cry?" She taunted with a teasing smile. I resisted the urge to smile and just stormed off to the kitchen.

"That girl is going to be the death of me" I muttered miffed. "She is so annoying and silly...," I paused,thinking about her then smiled. "Then again,she is funny and very enthusiastic. I like that about her". I made dinner; Eba(swallow) and Afang soup.