Untruth Be Told

"Their dating ban will be lifted 3 years later their first broadcast. After that, I'll buy their boyfriends a meal if they bring them."

When Twice debuted, the girls guested on Section TV with JYP himself. The PD-nim was driven to clarify on the matter. Leader Jihyo, on the other hand, had something to say:

"It should be more like 5 years than 3."

10 years of training. 3 years of dating ban to focus on work. And still wanna add 2 more years on top of that. Well, the reason wasn't just the joy of work.

The ban served as a shield, an indestructible wall from the worsts of idol life—the issues. Jihyo knows that as soon as it's lifted, they will be vulnerable. And they will have to deal with complications they wouldn't enjoy.

Thus, with Jihyo's leadership, the girls have focused on work and on being happy amongst themselves. Hoping that through these, the issues would be prevented for 2 more years.

Along the way, however, some happiness blossomed into love. The leader has fallen and it's used against her. It may not be in her plan to be vulnerable this soon but, she has decided. Now, she's taking responsibility.

"Once this is Jihyo

I'm sorry that I might have hurt and disappointed Once in the V app chat yesterday. I'll talk step by step from the beginning.

Last year in March, rumors spread around my name and I've become afraid of facing people since. The reason I cried at the airport then was because people were filming and shouting at me. I was scared of what they thought of me.

Then in August, my private life was reported and untrue things surfaced. Things that weren't true were mentioned..."

---

Jihyo didn't say which.

Well, she couldn't. The same way Daniel couldn't. Otherwise, Jihyo could've clarified misunderstandings, eliminated what people thought of her, and be free of anxiety.

Unfortunately, SHE JUST COULDN'T.

In covering up the powerfuls' costly mistakes, the public must be given something else to talk about. REGARDLESS of truth. The louder, the better so that their scandals would be buried and deleted fast.

Therefore, it's necessary to get two bright stars on a story that would tickle the public's mind.

Lucky for Dispatch, Jihyo has something they could just latch the dating issue on. They didn't even need creative writing skills; just creative editing.

Report Detail #1: They reportedly began dating in the beginning of the year.

The ban was lifted October 20, 2018. Had the two started in between January to March 2019, it's just 3-5 months after for Jihyo to plunge into celebrity dating. A type of relationship that's prone to issues. Especially, when revealed.

She must've become too eager that the 2-year top-up plan was swiftly forgotten.

Understandably, being too happy could make you forget. Falling could happen. Thing is, the person catching wouldn't be far off in order for the hesitant Jihyo to feel safe.

"Thank you for always being with me", she said as a birthday greeting to that special someone.

And then in January, "Sana's Jihyo" happened. Everything was happy. Everything was fine that Jihyo didn't even notice she has fallen.

Report Detail #2: They meet at Daniel's home. Jihyo drive there in her own car. Twice members know about the couple. Someone even gave Jihyo a ride to Daniel's house and later picked her up.