Masquerade

"Jihyo unnie, you have dealt with more hardships than any of us can even imagine. Thank you for being such a brilliant leader for the last four years!" Dahyun says during an interview with Buzzfeed, the last article release for 2019.

Clock strikes midnight at Korean Standard Time, a video is published on Youtube. It's Twice in the backstage of Kohaku! Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, Nayeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo, Dahyun, and Tzuyu greet Once a Happy New Year through an acrostic poem.

"Happy 2020!"

"Let's last forever"

"Stop now~"

"2019 wasn't easy, right?"

"Twice~"

"Wow we'll get prettier~"

"My, my... Happy New Year to our Once!"

"I love you."

They then gather in all smiles. Sana adds before the cut, "Happy new year!" As well as Jihyo never forgetting Twice as nine, "Mina too!"

As it is the Year of the Rat, Jihyo takes selcas with her favorite Rat person. Sana makes a peace sign, or more appropriately, showing '2'. Jihyo, on the other hand, gestures a circle showing '0'. Together, it's 2020.

2019 has left Twice wounded but it taught them a lot. The girls wished to simply enjoy life but they realize that that too requires huge work. In hopes of getting a healthier outcome for 2020, they've been doing things differently.

Mina is taking initiatives.

Jihyo is owning up to her happiness.

And Nayeon is... allowing herself to be saved.

Broad daylight of January 1st-Twice goes back to Korea. During the flight, an unusual Twicetagram story is posted. Photo is by the plane's window along with words of beseech.

Please go back to your home. Please stop now. Please, I beg you. Referring to the one causing a scene-the stalker.

He's aboard the plane blending in with other passengers. Particularly, just a row seat apart from Nayeon. It was midair when he approached. Fortunately, the staff have stopped further desperate advances until flight touches down.

JYPE later states, "We intend to take all legal action of the highest level regarding this. Also, we are aware that artist information is sold and shared illegally. We will continue to implement measures to stop this."

Measures. The dating news is on its way to be published. Out of fear and distraught for Momo, Nayeon is making promises to her. That she'd take care of her, help her out of it. And that she already warned Once about it.

"I wrote to Once. Told them I made a difficult decision. I wish for Once to not be shaken no matter what. In any case Momo-yah, unnie will make it up to you. O? Araseo? I'll protect you", Unnie embraces the dongsaeng.

The others can only sigh or sniff. Unlike the fit of anger during Jihyo's news, they feel empathy this time. They're plunging back to the hell they've been trying to get out of. And in their own volition!

What path are we taking? We're supposed to be artists. But with these many issues, we're becoming more like celebrities now. Jihyo silently sheds tears. She pauses a bit upon seeing Chaeng carrying pillows.

Chaeyoung notices that she felt the need to explain, "Uhm... I feel like the nightmares will come visit again."

Without a word, the girls mirror one another. They're onto their pillows and snuggle on the living room, wherever comfy. For Twice, bedroom doesn't equal quality sleep anyway. It's when they're together that they find rest.