Chapter 20: formal wear not required

Start from the beginning

I just nodded at him. He stare at my eyes as if assuring himself that I understood his instruction. A little bit longer I'll melt on how intense he is staring at me.

He stands abruptly and pulled me with him. He dragged me to the front door.

"Where are we going? I am not dressed to go out for fudge sakes!"

He still continues to walk. He is ignoring my calls.

We reached the ground floor with me still protesting about my garments.

"Sir! The heck! Let go of me!"

I twist my arm so he can let go of me.
I faced him ready to berate him but when I see the expression on his face I stopped. He has his infuriating blank look wherein nothing that you want to say will not penetrate his brain.

"Yes Ella? You were saying?"
See? He doesn't listen.

"Look at my clothes"

He looked at me from head to toe. His gaze makes me more insecure.

" I am looking alright. It is fine love. No need to change. We will just eat dinner in a place near here. Formal wear is not required"

"Dinner? Why are you just telling me that just now. I need my bag because my wallet is in there."

He just rolled his eyes and grab my hand again. His car is parked right outside the entrance of my building which is illegal by the way.

He assist me in entering his car he put  his hand on top of my head maybe to prevent me from banging my head on the corner of the door. I can totally see myself doing that.

As he entered his car he assist me in placing the seatbelt properly. Other people might be crossed if someone doing this simple thing for them but not me. I am really starved for affection psychiatrist around the world might enjoy my case.

The silence in the car is not awkward. I dare say it is comfortable.

After 10 min we arrived infront of a hotel but I am not sure because the window is heavily tinted.

Gideon went out of the car. As I was starting to remove my seatbelt the door on my side opened and Gideon again assisted me in removing mg seatbelt and holds my waist in going down the car.

I am frozen in place when I saw the hotel. As far as I can see this is the kind of hotel that you need to sell your kidney just to afford an overnight stay.

Without noticing my dillema Gideon put his hand on my lower back and urge me to go inside the hotel.

I tried to ressist but alas he is a force of nature. Nothing can derail him.

A man dressed in suit opened the door for us. I restrain myself to gape on the oppulence of this hotel. I can even see my image on the floor.

People is looking at Gideon but not blatantly staring. Every people that we passed by are glancing at him. Maybe they are thinking why is he with a beggar.

We stopped in front of another door and it is infront of a restaurant. A maitre was waiting for us and she graciously smile at us if that is possible.

"Name please" she asked Gideon.

"Rosen-Hower"

After hearing his name she stands up properly and gives us her mega watt smile.

"Right this way sir"

We entered the restaurant and all as in all people are wearing formal wear! One woman was even wearing a necklace as wide as her neck! This place is ridiculous. In shame I cower on the side of Gideon to hide my face because I am ashamed of what I am wearing. I am the only one who looks like I clean their costumers shoes everyday. I don't look like a costumer at all.