A prince and his servant 2

Start from the beginning

"Could it be that they're new?" "I thought of that. Like I said, I don't know what it is. Something doesn't sit right with me." "They'll only be here three days. If it gets worse, or if they try to do something to you, find me immediately and tell me. I don't want you getting hurt." Wally instructed, cupping Dick's face.

Dick slept uneasily. He didn't like the Knights in Carulia. It felt wrong, and it felt dangerous. The nightmares came back again, which worried both. Dick hadn't had a nightmare in months. This wasn't good.

The next morning was difficult. Dick was almost too tired to get out of bed, the nightmares draining his energy away. Wally helped him bathe, using colder water to keep him awake. He didn't want to, but Dick had asked for it.

Dick did his best to keep awake with the Knights. Once they were in the dining room with Alfor and Wally, Dick could go get some of his chores done. He went to wash the horses first, as that usually took the most time.

Dick was washing Kao, his horse, when the Knights came. It had originally been King Rudolph's horse, but Wally had gifted it to Dick, since he had no horse of his own. It used to have a fierce temper, but Dick had been calming it. He didn't use pain to control the horse, instead using praise and treats. Kao was now one of the sweetest horses in the stables.

"Servant, we need a favor." Ulric boomed in his ear. "What can I do for you?" Dick asked, thinking maybe he hadn't meant to be that loud. "Our armor needs polishing. Think you can do that?" "Yes. I'll get it as soon as I'm done washing the horses." Dick felt chills go down his spine again. He could feel Kao tense behind him.

The Knights left again, and Dick sighed. Kao nosed Dick's face, snorting. "I know. Maybe it was an accident? I don't know they're culture. They could talk loudly because they live in a loud kingdom. Although that doesn't explain why Alfor talks so quietly." Dick mused, scrubbing at Kao's chest.

Dick finished washing the horses, and went to get the armor. It wasn't too heavy, and he was able to carry it easily. He worked as quickly as he could to polish the armor, wanting as little interaction with the Knights as possible.

After returning the armor to the Knight's rooms, he continued on. It was possible they just forgot his name. New place, new people, they were bound to forget a few things. It couldn't be too bad.

The second night, two of them cornered Dick in the hallway. It wasn't a well used hallway, meaning he was alone. Dick gulped, feeling like he was with Rudolph again. "I need something from you, servant. I need the key to the King's room" Ulric hissed, grabbing his arm. "I-I need the King's permission to give you that." Dick stuttered, feeling the grip on his arm tighten. "Wrong answer. Get me the key, now." "Like I said, I need the King's permission. The key is with him."

They dragged him into a nearby closet, throwing him to the ground. Dick knew he'd felt bad about these guys. He backed up, feeling panic come over him. He was about to be hurt again.

Sadon picked him up by the throat, slamming him against the wall. "If you're not going to get us they key, we'll make sure you're out of the way." Dick gasped for air, clawing at Sadon's arm. The last thing he saw was the Knight's grinning face before blacking out.

When Dick woke again, he was alone. He had been alone in the closet, the door shut. His throat ached, and his arm hurt. He felt weak, and didn't want to get up. But he had to get up, he had to warn Wally.

He stumbled over to the door, pushing against it. It wouldn't give. They'd locked it behind him, trapping him. Dick rammed into it a few times, panicking as he remembered Rudolph. How many times had he been locked in rooms, unable to do anything? He didn't know.