Chapter 28 - Questions and Answers

(Rose's PoV)

I wake up and soon realise I am back in my bed. Someone must have carried me up. I glance over to the clock which reads 11:02am before dragging myself from the warmth and comfort of my bed, to take a shower. I grab my outfit for today which consisted of some comfy grey shorts, a white shirt and a baggy grey hoodie on top. Gotta love an oversized hoodie.. I smile at the thought as I walk into the bathroom.

After my very warm shower, I get changed into my clothes and blow dry my hair. Looking in the mirror, I decide to leave my pink hair in its natural wavy state.

Exiting my room, I head straight downstairs. Walking into the kitchen, I see Blake, Liam and Ethan seated at the table.

"Morning." Ethan notices me first.

"Afternoon, more like." Blake laughs.

I smile sheepishly, "Uh yeah, good afternoon." I chuckle before walking over to the kitchen counter to prepare some toast.

As I sit at the table with my toast, Zach enters the kitchen. "Oh. Rose, your up? Good afternoon. Did you sleep well?" He asks in a happy tone.

"Uh, yeah. I did." I smile awkwardly trying not to show my confusion. Just this morning he was a depressed wreck, but now he's all cheerful.

Just then, Rachel entered breaking me away from my thoughts. She too seemed very happy. "Oh Rose! Okay now I can tell everyone at the same time, So my birthday. It's in a week and so..." She was beaming with excitement. "Mom is coming in 5 days to spend the week with us!"

"Wait, what?" Zach looked as though he didn't share Rachel's excitement. Instead his eyes held worry.

"Zach, we haven't seen Mother in months... You haven't spoke to her in months." Rachel mumbles the second part of her sentence.

"Fine. I'll be in my office if anyone needs me." He hastily exited the kitchen.

The tension in the room was very thick, Rachel looked downward, obviously feeling a little defeated at Zach's reaction. I wanted to distract her, she should be excited about her birthday and seeing her mother.

"So, what are we doing for your birthday?" I stand up excitedly. "Do I need a fancy outfit?"

She looked surprised at my reaction at first and then quickly regained her own excitement, "Yes! Very much! We are going to be holding a party, right here! So dresses.. suits, oh! And decorations!" She rambled whilst shaking with excitement. "Oh! Thanks for reminding me Rose. I gotta go organise some things."

I chuckled at her outburst as she exited, tapping away at her phone.

"That is the first time I've seen you excited." Liam looks at me with confusion.

"Well someone had to break the tension." I smile, "are they always like that?" I ask.

"Not always, it might not seem like it but Rachel and Zach are very close." Ethan explained.

"I see." I reply before walking back upstairs towards my room. Entering my room, I see a note on my bed.

What the? I pick it up and read it. It reads..

Rose,
I'd like to speak with you in my office.
~Zach.

Couldn't he have just asked me in person, I think as I head out my room and towards his office. I knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear him say.

I open the door and walk in. "You seemed happier this morning." I mumble as I walk over a sit down on the couch. I look to see him sitting at his desk with a laptop, looking a bit frustrated. "Well, not anymore I guess."

"Sorry, this surprise visit from my mother just caught me by surprise." He sighed. "Anyways that's not what I wanted to talk about."

"First off." he continued "I want to thank you, again. You've given me hope to look for Lucas again."

"Oh. Have you found anything yet?" I speak carefully.

"Not yet. Though I have a few things to check out. Secondly, can I ask you a few things about Aiden?"

I paused for a second. "What do you want to know about him?"

"Second name?"

"Williams." Why does he all of a sudden want all this information on Aiden. I don't understand.

"When was the last time you saw him. Before the other night of course." He finished typing on his laptop then looked at me.

"I'm not too sure, a year ago at the most. When I ran from home, that was the last I saw of him."

He gave me a quizzical look. "Are you positive?"

"Yes!" I reply confidently.

"Rose, Aiden has been apart of The Brotherhood for over a year now. Which means he must've joined whilst you were still at home or just after you left." Zach explains.

I didn't reply, I was too busy thinking. Surely if Aiden joined a gang, I would have noticed! The old Aiden wouldn't have been in a gang, he couldn't have... "Maybe I didn't know him as well as I though." I spoke aloud.

"Did you notice any change in him at all while you were there? Anything at all, big or small."

I took a moment to rack my brain of all the memories I tried to forget. "He, became more caution. More nervous around my father."

"Was that unusual for him? Forgive me but wasn't your father... you know..." Zach struggled to find the right words.

"An asshole." I finished his sentence.

"Sorry. If you don't wanna talk about it"

"No, no. It's fine" I cut him off. "I'm trying to find some answers just like you." I took a deep breath. "Aiden was the only friend my father allowed me to have. My mother was friends with his mother and so we basically grew up together. Which meant Aiden was as used to my father as I was."

"Hell, he was more used to my father than my own sister was." I continued. "Of course, originally he was cautious around my father. Everyone was. Though the week we planned for me to run away, he was extra nervous, he became extremely quiet around my father and started to have private conversations with him..."

"Did he ever say what it was about?" Zach asked.

"He would brush off the questions I'd ask about it. Would always tell me, not to worry about it." I said with a slightly bitter tone.

"Okay, thanks. I promise I wouldn't be asking if the information wasn't needed." He held a considerable tone.

"Which reminds me..." I stood up, "I've been thinking and I've now decided."

Zach looked me with confusion.

"I want to be apart of your gang. Officially." I said with one hundred percent surety.

His expression quickly changed from confused to stern. "No."

{a/n:

Sorry for the late upload...
Again.  ;-;

This chapter ended abruptly but that's because I wanted to upload as soon as possible...
I've been having huge writers block with theses few chapters but hopefully this is at least a little bit decent.

As an apology for not uploading I will be updating a few times this week...

So stay tuned for that :P

Cya all soon.
~Em 🖤}