Chapter 17 - Person from her past

(Zach's PoV)

I won, but she let me.

I watched her defend herself and put up a good fight whilst having a battle within her own mind. She tried to act like she didn't lose on purpose but she isn't fooling me.

She wanted to stay.

I can't help the small smile that plays on my lips after coming to that conclusion.

But what was holding her back.

My hand that's resting inside my pocket feels a cold metal chain.

Rose's locket.

I picked it up earlier, she must have dropped it when I tackled her. I'll give it to her once we get back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Rose's PoV)

After the round finished we all met outside the arena building. As we were about to get on the bikes I felt as though we were being watched.

I kept looking around us. Surrounding the building were a forest except for the road we came from. I grew tense and uneasy.

"Everything alright?" Blake appears next to me, which makes me jump slightly "heh, sorry didn't mean to scare you"

"It's okay" I say.

"What's wrong?" He asks sounding genuinely concerned. I smile slightly, Blake is just so caring it's so sweet. Everyone here is so sweet and kind, it's hard to believe they're in a Gang.

"I just felt like we were being watched is all" I say quietly, I don't want to freak them out. "It's probably just nothing though" I quickly add.

"Okay, well let's get going then" He ushers me back towards the group.

We all get on the bikes and start our hastily ride back to the Gang house.

(???'s PoV)

Behind a bush in the forest that's surrounds the Laser tag arena, I wait patiently for the 'The Wolven' leader who has been spotted going here recently.

My goal is to follow them back to their base and then report its location back to my boss. 'The Brotherhood' leader. I've been waiting for about an hour now.

Just as I'm about to leave I hear a group exiting the arena.

There. Finally!

Four guys.. and two girls? I thought there was only one, the leaders sister.

There's a second girl, quite small with pink hair.

Interesting. She could be used against him. I should report this to the boss.

The girl must know someone's watching because she turns around and I get a look at her face. A face I know all too well.

No way.

That's Rose! What the hell is she doing here? With them!

It's been over a year since I seen her last. She hasn't changed a bit.

As her eyes almost meet mine, I hide behind the bush. After a moment I peek over the bush to see them all getting on their bikes, with Rose joining the leader on his bike.

So is she with him? I chuckle slightly. I hope so, I get to use her against him if that's the case, This makes everything so much better!

As they leave I get up and make my way to my car outside the forest to start following them from afar.

{a/n: Hiii

Short chapter I know!
But hey! A new character! And one from Rose's Past.. who could 'he' be? :P

Cya next Chapter!
~Em 🖤}