Chapter 9 - Good Morning

( Rose's POV )

Stirring from a dreamless sleep, I get up. Glancing at the clock to see that it's 5:26am. Ugh. I lick my dry lips. I need a drink, hopefully everyone else is still asleep.

I slowly get out of bed, I'm still in my bloody clothes from last night, I'm going to need to get them washed. It's not as painful to walk now. It's still sore but bearable.

Walking out the door, I try to be as quiet as I can. Outside my room is just a hallway, there's a couple of doors. I start walking down to my left. Gosh this house must be big. Once I reach the end of the hall, I see a big grand staircase. At the bottom of the stairs seems to be some sort of living area, with couches and a TV. Next to the bottom of the stairs is an archway leading to the kitchen.

The kitchen is huge as well and beautiful I must add. I search through the cupboards and eventually find some glasses, I then take one over to the sink and fill it up. Taking a sip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( Zach's POV )

I was in my room at my desk working, it was early in the morning and I hadn't slept. I'd just heard someone walk past, and I knew the only room close enough for me to hear the door opening is Rose's room so I wait until I hear the footsteps fade. I step out side my room and take a glance, her door is ajar. I wonder what she's doing up at this time.

I follow her light footsteps down the stairs and until I hear the kitchen sink. Ah, so she must be getting a drink, but, didn't I get her one? Maybe she finished it. I walk into the kitchen and see her small frame over the sink.

She's quite skinny but I'm guessing that's through the whole homeless thing. She must have felt someone's presence because she tensed up and slowly turning round to meet my gaze.

Wait a minute.

Didn't she have blue eyes? One is now grey. What the hell. She stares back at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( Rose's POV )

Zach just stares at me. To be honest I'm confused, is he mad because I helped myself to some water? Oh god maybe he is. I put the glass on the counter.

"Um hey, I needed a drink a-and I assumed everyone else was asleep so I just helped myself. I-I hope you don't mind." My voice shakes slightly

He's staring at my eyes and studying them, when he starts to slowly step closer to me. Once's he's right in front of me, he leans into my faces, his eyes fixated on mine. While mine are looking elsewhere. What the heck is this weirdo doing? I give him a confused glance to indicate that I'm a bit uncomfortable, hoping he would back away from my personal space. I don't want to have to push him but I will if I have to.

"Your eye" is all he says

My eye...?

My eyes widen as I realise

Oh! Oh no! I forgot about my contact! My grey eye is what he's been so confused about! God Rose! Ugh.

"M-my.. eye?" I reply trying to sound confused, he looks tired maybe he'll think it's just his eyes playing up from being tired. I wonder why he hasn't slept yet.

"Ones grey, when it was blue before" he doesn't move his gaze from my eye.

"It's probably your eyes playing up, my eyes are blue, have you been up all night? You seem tired." I say quickly turning away from him as he finally steps back a bit.

I flip my hair so some is falling over my grey eye, take my glass of water the go to sit at the table. I feel Zach's gaze on me the whole time.

"So" I look at him "What are you doing up?" I ask him genuinely curious. He's a gang leader, it's not like he's got paperwork due tomorrow of something, does he? I don't know.