Chapter 21 - Take Care

(Rose's PoV)

It's was 6:27am. Zach woke us all up at 4am we packed up everything and got ready to left the house. The drive to the new base was about 3 hours away.

I was zipping up a suitcase filled with clothes and other essentials when Zach walked in.

"Do you still want to go to that woman's house to get your bag? Ms Nelson? was her name" He asks.

Oh! That's right, my bag. I don't want to bother him but its got My MP3 player and I kinda of really want my music. Ms Nelson's husband will be there but I'll just have to hope that she answers, I can't take too much of the gangs time since The Brotherhood will definitely try to return here.

I don't even know why I'm going with them if I'm being honest. It's just I have no where else to go and I'm starting to settle in with them all. Against my better judgement I know but I also feel safer here, especially now that I know Aiden will begin to look for me.

I snap out of my thoughts realising Zach is still standing in front of me awaiting an answer "Um yes please, If is isn't too much to ask."

"No it's fine, where is it?" He looks down at his phone.

"I don't know the exact address but if we can get to Bakers Street I can find it from there." I know the street name from signs but not Ms Nelsons exact location.

"That's convenient, that's the way we are headed so we can stop by on the way there" He turns abruptly and leaves the room.

Not going to lie he seems a little off, I've only known Zach for a little while but I can still tell something is up. Though his house has just been trashed and he's having to leave with, at best 3 hours sleep so I don't blame him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Rose's PoV)

After everything was packed and into the car we drove off. Approaching Bakers street I pointed in the direction of Ms Nelsons house.

"Want me to come with you?" Blake turns and asks me.

"If you want" I say whilst getting out of the car with Blake following me.

Their car is in the driveway which means that Ms Nelsons husband will be home though he may still be asleep as it's around 7 in the morning.

I knock on the door. She was probably so worried as I hadn't been back for a while.

I hear shuffling behind the door and then see a familiar pair of green eyes peer through the glass of the door. The door is swung open and I am soon in a bone crushing hug.

"Rose! My dear!! Where have you been? I have been so worried!" She blurted out in one quickened breath.

I hug her back "Ms Nelson! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you."

"No, no it's fine." She peers over my shoulder towards Blake and then looks at me, examining me head to toe. She can probably guess that I've not been out in the streets all this time due to my hygiene. "Who's that and what happened?"

I don't want her to worry about the whole being kidnapped and now travelling with a gang but I also don't want to lie to her.

I guess it's not lying if I leave out some of the truth.

"I was basically being abducted by these guys but then Blake" I pointed towards Blake bringing him forward to introduce him "and his friends saved me and I've been staying with them since."

"Nice to meet you" Blake throws her a warming smile.

"Is that a boyfriend?" She smirks at me like a mother would her daughter.

My face reddens "Uh no! No! We're just friends" I reassure her slightly embarrassed.

"Alright" She laughs "so is this you then? Are you off to live with them?"

"Yeah for now, I wanted to collect my bag that I left here"

"Oh! Let me get that for you, one moment" she disappears for a minute or two before returning to the door with my small black backpack in hand "here my dear."

"Thank you Ms Nelson I couldn't thank you enough."

"Do come back and visit, yeah?" She asks.

"Of course! I'll make sure to visit as much as I can. Oh!" I reach into my bag and find a small bracelet, another item in my small collection, I place it in her hand "here. I want you to have this"

"Oh no dear, you keep it, it's probably very special to you" She tries to hand it back but I refuse to take it.

"That's why I'm giving it to you, so you can remember me if I take longer to visit. It's also a small thank you, for everything."

"Aw Rose." She grabs me in another hug. "Now get going before I burst into tears" she chuckles

I let out a laugh "okay, take care."

"You too, Rose" she waves

I wave back and turn to walk back towards the car, Blake gives her a small wave accompanied by a toothy smile.

"Boyfriend ehy?" He teases me.

I laugh slightly "Oh shut up." I say smiling.

Once we are in the car it starts up and our 3 hour car ride commences. I'm seated in the middle with Blake, Rachel and Liam and in the back two seats with Ethan is driving and Zach is in the passengers seat.

Silence falls over all of us, we are all exhausted. I reach into my bag and grab my MP3 player and plug in my headphones. God how I missed the euphoria of music especially on a road trip.

Though through my music I feel eyes on me and glance up to the rear view mirror where Zach's eyes were on me. We glance at each other for a moment before I break the eye contact. What's his problem?

I end up focusing back onto my music and the view from the window as I lean my head against the glass and feel last nights tiredness overwhelm me.

-And I'm soon falling asleep to the sound of one of my favourite songs.

{A/n:
Hey guys!

Again I just wanted to say another "Thank you" for the support on this book, I have some big plans for how this story is going to turn out so stay tuned! (:

Cya Next Chapter!
~ Em 🖤}