Last Chapter

"This can't be..."

Winn is staring at the letter on his desk intensely. He has reread the letter over and over and over again. The valet even memories word by word written on the letter... Yet he still can't believe it.

Kara Danvers aka Duke Kyle Danvers is wealthy. She has enough power to start a dukedom if she really wishes to do so. The Danvers family is supported by many nobles. Well respected by the lower class, middle class and high-class society. Her cousin is his majesty, the king.

She owns a dozen estates in London. The biggest trading company in London is also owned by her.

So really... It is only logic why she would receive a marriage proposal.

Right, if his master is still a bachelor, Winn wouldn't even question this proposal and he would be writing an official letter turning down the proposal right at this moment. Except Kara is now married and sending a marriage proposal to someone who is married is a very disrespect act. Not to mention the letter is written by the lady herself!

His master had finally found the happiness she deserved. He won't let a shameless noble ruin it. This is making his blood boil in anger.

Knock. Knock. A sudden knock on the door made the valet jump in surprised. His right hand on his chest, trying to calm his rapid heartbeat. 

When no word of permission uttered before his door swings open, Winn knew the culprit is Kara. The duke with her messy hair down, not properly tuck-in oversized white shirt and her black trouser, have that 'this shit better be important' look on her face.

"So, what's the red code?", the master of the house asked.

"Can you at least knock before barging in? For god's sake Kara, I am a gentleman. What if I wasn't dressed?"

"Then, I'll enjoy the view. Not that there is anything to enjoy.", she smirked.

The valet rolled his eyes at the remark. Cranky Kara is as annoying as ever.

"You don't have anything I would enjoy too, Kara."

"That is because I have boobs and I have peaches instead of mushroom that-"

"I beg you please just shut up.", growled the valet. Really, his master has a poor sense of selection for words.

A huge grin plaster on Kara's face. Ah, victory, always tastes so sweet. Throwing herself on the spacious bed in the room, the blonde makes herself comfortable on the mattress.

"By the way, we need a new word for our red code.", she protested.

"What, why? I like 'fingers ring'!"

"Oh, I thought you like suck-"

"Kara, spare my mind. There is a limit to how efficient my brain bleach is.", he begged.

The master of the house shrugged. Okay, let take it easy on him for now. She thought to herself.

"So, what's the red code?", Kara asked the question she had previously appealed.

Reality hit her valet faster than lightning. Now is not the time to play around. Winn turns to look at the marriage proposal on his desk. His finger is a little shaking when he reaches out to take the letter.

His stare at the letter once again. A lot of drama will jump into their life from now on. He just knew it.

"You've received a marriage proposal from the Starlington family.", the valet stated.

Kara snorted as she threw her hand in the air as if Winn had just told her the most useless thing in the world. She has never heard of the Sterlington but that probably a good sign. Just the more reason they should just decline the proposal.

"Not the first time, just decline it. Like always."

Clicking his tongue at the order, the valet shakes his head slowly with his arms crossed. It is not that simple.

"Actually, this is the first... Since Lena's debutante.", Winn chuckled a little. He is attempting to lighten the atmosphere a little bit before dropping the shocking news to his master.

"Then, warn them of how disrespectful the act is and that the Danvers would never forget such humiliation."

Ah, Winn cringes at the idea. That is probably the worst thing to do in their situation now.

"We can't do that, Kara."

Eyebrows furrowed in confusion, the serious tone in her best friend voice got her attention. Strengthening her back, the blonde shift to a sitting position before getting into her defensive mode. She crossed her arms.

"Why can't we?"

Her voice is a little shaky, she can sense the trouble coming.

"The letter has the royal seal."

"W-what?"

"Your cousin, his majesty, the king, approved the proposal."

The blood in her veins suddenly felt so cold.

Just what is happening here?

The end.

--------A/N------

Guys, it's only the end for book one. I would leave you with such a cliffhanger🤣

A second book for this story is coming soon. The title would be 'Sharing is not caring'. Don't worry, I have lots of free time so I'll probably release it soon.

Cool, so anyone here have a huge crush on Villanelle from Killing Eve? Oh, just me?😂

-Love, LXB

Ps. I will release another supercorp fanfiction called 'She is not my girlfriend' soon.