Without A Wedding

Lena stared dumbfounded at the letter in front of her. She could not believe what she had just read. The young lady Luthor had walked around the room ten times. She had to take a few naps before looking back at the letter in front of her. The content didn't change.

She had read the letter over and over again, so many times, that she remembered it word by word. No matter what she did, the content didn't change. No matter how many times she read it, it was still the same.

The young lady took another deep breath before reading the letter in front of her again.

Dear miss Luthor,

         I am delighted to know that you agreed to be my wife, but sadly such happy news had to come with some unpleasant news too. Winn has told me about your encounter with my uncle and his bold statement.
         As much as I wish I could tell you to ignore his statement, I can't. That man has almost the same power that I have. Just thinking about all the things he could do to you, I am already shivering in horror. I know for sure my uncle will do everything that he can to keep his word.
        My business in Birmingham is no way near done. If anything, I think my stay in Birmingham will extend until next month.
        I've been thinking for hours. No one in that mansion could protect you from my uncle while I'm here, so I have decided, let's be legally married first. I know it may sound surprising, maybe even absurd, but once we are legally married, you will have rights on whatever I own. This way, no matter what my uncle has in store, he can't harm you because you are family and of the same status as him.
       Just... Please think about it. I promise we will have a wedding ceremony, a proper one, once everything clears up.
     The documents are with Winn; all you need to do is sign it. Then, the papers will be delivered to me, and I will sign my part, do what's necessary from Birmingham.
      I'm sorry if what I'm asking is too much... I just can't bear with the thought you don't have any power against my uncle right now. Please... At least, consider it.

Sincerely,

The Phantom (K.D)

Lena couldn't help but sigh. Her future husband just asked if they could get married without a wedding. Unconsciously, the young lady started twirling her thumbs. A habit she always did when she stressed. Lena was a smart girl, of course, she understands the logic behind his actions.

Besides, when she met Sir Frederick, she could tell the old man was not someone she wanted to mess with.

But... She was still a girl. She had dreamed of a white wedding with a fancy white dress with beautiful floral lace. Lena had dreamed about her wedding a thousand times, practically planned every detail in her mind. Well, her future husband had promised her a marriage in the end, but it wouldn't be the same.

The young Luthor wanted to feel the nerve-wracking feeling as she waited for her husband to say 'I do', she wanted to explore the feeling of being loved as her husband recited his vows to her... It would not be the same because they were already married.

It was a complicated feeling.

Lena sighed. Oh well, she had decided to get into this whole marriage thing, might as well just play along with whatever her future husband had in mind.

Gracefully, Lena stood up and started walking out of the room. She needed to find a precise valet and sign some damn papers.

At least, she didn't have to fake a smile to some people she couldn't even pronounce the name of, or of some people she had never met.