Never Lower Your Head

Of course, Lionel was going to accept the octuple offer. He didn't even need to think before saying yes. Tossing Jake's money back to him, and he immediately signed whatever document the precious servant bought to him.

Lionel was a very lowly man who sold his adopted daughter without even reading the contract, not caring for whatever happened to the brunette after.

The man threw an enormous amount of money to Lionel. A neatly folded contract safely secure in his hand.

Lena bowed her head with respect when the bearded man stood in front of her. Rather then in hunger like the way Sir Jake Sphere looked at her, the gentleman looked at her in awe.

"Miss Luthor, you don't need to bow to me or anyone else for now on. Well, besides the king and queen, of course."

The gentleman cracked a joke. The corner of Lena's lips curled up slightly, but she immediately covered it up with a solid emotionless face. The perk of being used to living as a high-class lady.

"Thank you for the offer, sir... But you've saved me from the abusive Sir Jack Sphree. At least, let me show you my gratitude."

Lena bowed even more profound.

Almost immediately, the bearded man put both of his hands on her arms. He shook his head slowly, silently begging the young lady not to do it, yet a warm smile was still craved on his lips.

"Please, Miss Luthor... My master had personally asked me never to let you lower your head ever again."

A pair of brows crocked in confusion. That was a weird request...

Lena didn't know whether it was the fact his master had 'asked' him instead of 'ordered' him that surprised her or the fact that his master didn't want her to lower her head ever again.

"Very well, Sir... "

"Winn, my name is Winn Scott, Miss Luthor. Please drop all the formality. Just between you and me, I dislike it when people call me Sir."

The gentleman playfully winked at the end of his words.

It was the first time in her life that a man had asked her not to call them by any tittle. Almost as if she and this Winn Scott were equals...

Lena immediately snapped out of her train of thought.

"Very well, then... "

She paused and looked straight into the gentleman's brown eyes.

"Winn."

The young lady persuaded, cracking a smile on Winn's face.

"If those are your commands, I will do as follows, as I'm only worthy as your servant."

Lena almost bowed her head at that moment but decided to stop at the last minute. Winn flicked his tongue a few times. Slowly he wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

Not in any romantic or possessive way... It was more like a friendly touch.

He closed his eyes as he took a deep breath. Then, his attention turned to the young lady beside him.

"You see..."

Winn started leading Lena toward the fancy carriage awaiting them outside the Luthor's resident. The young lady was all ears as they walked towards the carriage.

"Besides personally asking me never to let you lower your head ever again, my master also asked me to make sure that you understand the fact that no one owns you, Miss Luthor."

Sensing that Winn had more to say, Lena, remind silent as he opened the carriage door and gestured for her to go in first.

Once he saw that Lena was comfortable on her seat, Winn finally stepped into the carriage.

Carefully closing the door, Winn made sure the door is tight enough before knocking lightly on the glass in front of them. It was a sign to the coachman that they were ready to go.

The carriage shook a little as they started moving.

Lena's attention was still glued on the gentleman beside her, who was now impatiently looking at his pocket watch.

"We shall arrive at the mansion in an hour and a half." He said with a smile.

Lena nodded in understanding. The gentleman had traveled an hour and a half to the Luthor's residence. Whoever his master was, Lena knew he must have had his eyes on her for a while. It was making her slightly nervous about what his intentions were for her.

Winn Scott took a long look at the young lady beside him. It was no wonder why his master was so set on getting this girl. She is gorgeous! An absolute beauty!

"It is important for you to know that you can walk away from this, Miss Luthor. My master has a clear intention for you, Miss Luthor."

Lena's brows perked in interest. She was eager to know why someone was willing to spend so much money on her.

"And what might his intention be?"

The gentleman gulped his saliva before looking seriously at Lena.

"He wants you to be his wife."