Pick My Pocket

The town is far more interesting than what she have read on books. Lena got to see all the people exchanging items with bottles of liquor instead of money. She saw of a few people fist fighting in the middle of the road. She is a hundred percent sure. She is lost.

Lena was at this very nice neighborhood just a moment ago with many carriage passing by and many fancy and good looking people... but now she is in this rather ... em... dark area. As much as the brunette want to denied it, she is very afraid right now. She can feel wicked look coming from the people around her. Pretty glad she didn't dress fancily... If not, she would probably be robbed by now.

Making a sharp turn, the brunette decided to head back to the carriage. Well, at least tried too... Which is not a smart decision because as she was turning around, she bumped into this skinny little girl causing the girl to fell down.

"Watch out, lady!", the young girl hissed in pain.

"Oh my God, I'm so so sorry! Let me..."

Lena tried to help the girl up but instead she was harshly pushed away. She can see the little girl grin her teeth into her lips before rolling her eyes at the brunette.

Without any word, the little girl walk away from the scene. Lena sigh. Why does today have to goes as cliche as the story she had read in those story books? The heroin went to the town, got lose, bump into someone and get.... Oh shit. The brunette quickly check her pocket. Yup, her pulse is not there anymore.

Cliche... too fucking damn cliche, Lena curse in her head. Honestly, she is spitting 1001 curse words in her mind right now. Luckily, as she turn to find  the little thief, she can see a little glimpse of the girl turning into this alley. Quickly and naturally, without much thinking, the brunette sprint to chase the girl.

"G-give me my money back!", Lena yell at the little girl.

"Stomme vrouw, zij was degene die achteloos was met haar geld. (Stupid woman, she was the one who was careless with her money.)", the little girl complain. As expected, due to her lack of formal education, Lena didn't learned any foreign language. She was very clueless at what the little girl said.

One thing for sure, Lena knew the girl had just insulted her. The annoying smirk on her face told so.

"Look, kid. Let just make it easy, okay? Give me my money back and I'll forget everything."

The brunette tried to bargain.

The little girl laugh rudely at the offer.

"Awak sangka saya bodoh? (Do you think I'm stupid?)", she said sarcastically.

Woah, Lena is not a language expert but she is pretty sure the girl just speak a whole different language than the previous one. Is this girl purposely showing off her language skills?

"What is happening here?"

Lena turn around to find a tall redhead girl wearing a simple white and green dress. The girl seems to be staring suspiciously at the little thief in front of Lena.

"There is... Everything is under control, miss. You don't need to worry.", Lena said. She tried to make things less complicated yet her words was ignored completely by the redhead.

"Zoe, gib ihr Geld zurück.(Zoe, give her money back.)"

Zoe, the little thief, sigh in frustration. Why does this have to happen when she finally got a rich target?

She look intensely at the redhead, trying to find out if she is being serious. The redhead's expression remind stone. She wasn't even blinking!

"Geez, fint, Cice.( Geez, fine, Cice.)", Zoe said as she pull out Lena's pulse from her pocket. Lena partially beam in happiness as she grab her pulse.

"Thank you so much!!!", she thanks the redhead.

Cice smile weakly at the brunette.

"I'll show you the way to the central, miss. That's the least I can do for the Phantom's wife."

"My... How did you-"

"SHE IS THE PHANTOM'S WIFE?!", Zoe said in surprise.

Lena can't help but roll her eyes at the overly dramatic reaction. Yes, she is the Phantom's wife... So, what? It's not like she's married to an alien or something.

"I saw you at the central with two of the Phantom's most trusted and loyal servants.", Cice explained to Lena.

Now, that makes sense. Lena didn't know that being Kara's wife is this... powerful? Strangers like Ceci and Zeo are treating her better just because of that. Somehow Lena is a bit scared with how much power her husband have.

Author's note

Yo, yo!!

Shout out to supercoroemison and Scpercorp. I don't know how you look in real life so I just made up a random look for you two.

I hope you all like that. Tho, eh, this chapter feel a bit off, IDK why.

Last but not least, who want to exchange letter with me?