Dance Lesson

"One and two and three and four... Watch out the heel! Remember, step forward with the heel, step backwards with the toe. Nice, exactly like that! and one and two and three and turn! Bravo!"

Lady Charlotte claps proudly as Lena bows down to her dance partner, none other than... Drumroll... Mr Winn Scott! The valet doesn't seem that excited tho. He sighs so many time in the lesson.

It's not because Lena had stepped on his foots a few million times. Although that is part of the reasons he sighs.

Lady Charlotte never failed to bring up Lena's background in every lesson and that really annoyed Winn.

"I wouldn't know you come from a broke noble family with such wonderful dancing skill, Lena! That penny your father used to pay their debt interest should be spent on your education way early, who knows what a great dancer you would be if you had studied all this earlier?"

Lips craved in a tiny line smile, Lena simply ignores the brave statement from her tutor. It's not that she naturally doesn't care but she learned not to care. The Luthor's reputation is not that great in general. Many people look down at them. Therefore, she had learned not to care about what people think of her. I mean, why should she take care of other people's heart when she couldn't even care for her heart?

Knock knock! All the heads in the room turn to look at the door.

There, stands a tall buff man with dark hair in a suit.

"Your highest!!!!"

Lady Charlotte and Winn immediately bow down at the King. It took Lena a few seconds to blink her eyes before she follows their action.

Clark chuckled.

"Raise your head, ladies and gentlemen. I am here today not as the king but as the new Lady Phantom's escort."

"YOU, YOUR MAJESTY?!"

Lady Charlotte seems to be genuinely surprised. Winn almost rolls his eyes at the lady. It's a debut ball for the Phantom's wife, obviously, his master would go as far as requesting the king to be Lena's escort.

Although he is not gonna lie... He was a little surprised about it too, at first, but he got over the surprised rather quickly when the king, himself, sent an informal letter of big O and K as the answer to his master's request.

"My, you shouldn't be that surprised, Lady Charlotte. The Phantom has done a lot for the people. Being his beloved's escort is not a huge deal.", tease the king.

" I... I'm sorry, your majesty."

It is pretty clear that Lady Charlotte doesn't know how to respond to the king's playful attitude.

"Nothing to be sorry about, Lady Charlotte. Now, excuse me for interrupting the lesson but can I have a minute with the lady of the house?"

"Of course, your highness. We were about to take a break anyway.", Winn said.

Lena grabs both sides of her gown, lift them a little bit and bend her knees as she slightly bows her head toward Winn. Silently thanking him for the dance. The lady of the house soon makes her way out of the ballroom with the king.

With just a few steps away separating the two, Lena's head starts to erupted by thousands of unpleasant thought. Why did Kara request for the king to be her escort? Does his majesty know about Kara's hidden identity? Oh lord,  what if he found out Kara is the Phantom? Will, he executed Kara? What if the king decided to executed Kara and her?

"I know who the Phantom is."

The brunette immediately fake a cough. Her left hand on top of her mouth, suppressing the curse word she was about to say.

"I'm not... ", Lena paused to clear her throat. "I'm not sure what you're talking about, your highness."

Clark flicks his tongue.

"Lena Luthor. You're underestimating your king. I am her best friend, you know. I only wish the best for her."

His eyes soften as he looks at the confused lady in front of him. The king can clearly see he had caught her off guard.

"Just think if this as payback, Lena. Your 'husband' has caught me off guard a million time with the ridiculous souvenirs she gives me from her business tri- OUCH!!!"

Clark screams in pain as a clog shoe hit his head. Lena turned her head around to find out who dares to hurt the king. She can't say she was surprised when she sees her husband walking weirdly toward them with only one shoe on.

"You bloody snake! You said you wouldn't talk to her! You said you will directly go to my office as soon as you arrived.", Kara snapped.

Furiously rubbing his aching head, Clark rolls his eyes.

"And you believed me?"

He answers with a sense of sarcasm.

"You son of a-"

"Language, please.", said Lena who finally decided to make her presence known to the blonde. Kara sigh as she looks at her wife.

The Phantom stare at the brunette for a while. Everyone stay quiet for a good three seconds. Clark swears he can hear the gears moving inside Kara's head.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me entertain you for a moment. Let have a look at what going on in the blonde's head.

'...She saw me losing my cool. Oh...god. Oh, God... OH GOD!!! She's going to hate me even more now! What am I going to do now? What should I do? Jump off the window? Can I survive the fall tho? Can I? Wait, wait, I still need to put some sense in Clark's head... What should I do? Should I just grab him and run? What would happen after that!?? Pretend like it never happen? But, man...  Lena looks so pretty today. Her lips, her eyes, her... I just want to... Oh, yeah, everyone is still staring... Umm, what should I do?'

"A-hem.", Kara clear her throat. The blonde walk toward Clark.

She grabs the shoe she used to hit the king. Pull her best friend's ear.

And...

RUN!

Leaving a very confused Lena Luthor behind.

Just like what you are thinking, Lena also wonder what the hell just happen.