But...

There was always this empty feeling...like something was lacking.

I would randomly wake up in the middle of the night because it had been a habit since Mr Park used to call me to work at midnight. I didn't like coffee too much but I started drinking his favourite, black coffee with one tea spoon of sugar. It made me feel closer to him somehow.

I was longing to hear his voice that called me Miss Kim.

But...

This was for the best.

He had his own life and I had my own...And he was starting his life with someone new. So, I shouldn't think about him. I wouldn't think about him.

The happines I found while discovering myself was incomplete.

Because I had lost a part of myself when I left him.

I don't know why but I felt that when I worked almost all  day by his side and went home, I used to feel more contented than I do now.

Seems like I have some weird obsession with suffering.

My sister tried to pair me up with her guy friends. I went on some dates with them but I couldn't feel the spark that I wanted to feel.

That feeling when you can just get lost in those twinkling eyes.

That feeling that makes your heart beat faster and brings butterflies in your stomach.

That feeling that makes you want to listen his soothing voice all day.

That feeling when you want to fall even more deeper than you already have.

Like the universe was trying to remind me of him when I  desperately wanted to move on.

I made the decision that I would work and started out as the assistant manager in another company. My sister was against that idea saying that I should enjoy my life but I told her I was tired of it.

I was tired of going round circles and always ending the same.

Work proved to be a great distraction. I met new people, made new friends, hung out with them and learnt new things.

My life was going okay. I could survive. Get used to this, used to live without him.

"So, you up for the gathering?", She asked me.

"Your friend's promotion party? With only some of the colleagues? In a club?", I queried because I wasn't sure if I had heard properly because I was distracted.

"Yes, Yes and Yes. Just some small gathering with 6/7 people. We are just gonna have some drinks and all.", She added. "Come with me. You are going to be home alone otherwise."

"Okay. Count me in.", I said. I haven't gone out for some time.

"By the way, when is it?", I asked her.

"It's tomorrow night.", She said.

"Okay. I will search for some outfit to wear tomorrow.", I told and left for my own room.

*****

The next day, I was in my desk making some presentations at my new company.

"Want some coffee?", I heard a voice say. I looked up and saw my friend Erin. She had been my friend since I started working in this company.

"Thank you.", I said while taking the cup from her hand.