Chapter 9

Sana's PoV

Sid was being very dramatic last night. I really believe that it was my worst decision to marry such an Arrogant Smug-faced Idiot. He is aggressive, irrational and an alcoholic.
I was wondering if I should start looking for a job or talk to Ryan about the earlier job I was offered before this fucking marriage.
I have already searched for some jobs but not as a photographer rather as an assistant professor.
I was even lined up by two of the universities for interviews today which I really don't wish to go for.
I thought, I will work as a professor for a few months and then think about my passion but now I really think I can't live a life I never wanted.
I am already going through hell and working in a hell will worsen the situation.

Finally , I decided to call Ryan who is an amazing fashion photographer and apparantly who wanted to give me the job earlier.
I will just ask if the offer is still open as I never confirmed him if I will be joining or not.
On the second ring, a soothing and happy voice came on the other side of the phone.

"Hey, this is Ryan . How may I help you?"

"H..hey, Ryan. This is Shehnaaz Sharma. You remember the portfolio?"

"Oh.! Ms. Sharma. How can I forget such a talent, babes? " He replied in an even happier tone now.

"Ryan. I was wondering if the offer is still.." before I could even complete the sentence he cut me off cheerfully.

"Ofcourse, the offer is always open for you, dear. You just come and meet me at my office at 4pm today?" He asked.

"Oh. Thank You so much Ryan. I will see you then".

"Sure, babes." He replied and hung up.

I smiled and went straight into Sid's room.
Gathering all my stuff, I entered the next door which seemed like a guest room. I entered the room it had a closet which was a bit smaller than his but it was perfect for me.
There was a queen sized bed in between the room.
The room looked dull with only white coloured bedsheets and curtains .
I was a rather colourful type of a girl.
I hated white colour since a long time.

I decided to sort my things in the closet and took out my camera and the portfolios.
I then decided to explore some of the scenic beauty of the beach which was directly visible from the windows of this penthouse.
When I entered the hall, there was a lady cleaning the kitchen shelves.
I smiled at her politely.

"Good Morning, Mrs. Malik. I am Joana. I am Sid's caretaker" she smiled introducing herself.

"Hello, Joana. Please call me Sana. " I replied taking a seat near the kitchen island.

"You are really very pretty Sana. Sidharth is a  lucky man to have you" She replied with her cute smile.

I smiled back.

"What would you like to have for the Lunch, Sana?"she asked.

"Joana I will be out for the lunch today. But I will like to have black coffee now, if you won't mind?" I asked genuinely.

"Your coffee is coming up, pretty Sana." She replied enthusiastically.

"So, Joana. You have been Sid's caretaker..."

"..since he was a 5 year old baby. I was his nanny but when Sid's Mom died, I had to switch my roles a bit" she replied cutting me off.

"Oh..I...I"

"It's ok dear. She was a really nice woman though. "

She smiled at me and placed the coffee on the kitchen counter. I sipped the coffee and it was the best.