Chapter 25

Sana's PoV

A loud thud of slamming of the door woke me up from my tiring sleep, I opened my eyes immediately, disoriented and sat upright. My heart was thumping faster due to the sudden impact, and a sudden unwanted, ache shot in my head. Probably, because of the suddenness of my waking up.

I rubbed my eyes, yawned but shut my mouth as soon as my eyes fell on the drunken piece of a shit I call husband. He was slurring, or muttering some incoherent swears and his eyes were bloody red. I could see that he didn't see me yet and once he does, I will be a dead person.

I quietly buried myself behind the headrest of the couch to be left unnoticed. "You don't need to hide from me, wifey. I am not in mood to see your fucking face as well" he slurred walking drunkenly into the kitchen.

I growled, hiding from the demons is not possible, of course they can smell their prey! I stood off the couch, and walked into the kitchen right in time. His hands raking his head and a frown was on his face. He drank the bottle of water in a huge gulp. I sensed something was not right, the way his eyes were glistening, the frown and the paleness of his face told me he wasn't feeling well.

I stepped forward, placing my hand on his forehead, "Shit! you are burning, Sid" I said, as if to tell him he wasn't well.

"Shut the fuck up. I don't need you to touch me." he whisper yelled, wincing in pain. He pushed me a little and started walking towards his room, he groaned holding his head in a tight grip.

"But Sid"

"Stop yelling woman. Do you wanna kill me?" he said wincing again.

Haaa...how I wish I could! I thought, chuckling softly. He ignored me and started walking again towards his room, taking slow steps, wincing lightly at every step.

I glanced at the clock and was shocked to see it was 8am, Shit he was out for all night!

I took some orange juice, a paracetamol and a glass of water with a bowl of nachos to his room. Once I reached there, I knocked lightly and entered without waiting for his answer, when my eyes fell on him on the coach, my heart constricted, he was holding his head in his hand, his eyes were glistening, and a his face ashen. I sat myself beside him, he whispered in a low and defeated tone, "Sana, I am really not in any mood, just leave me alone".

"I will go away but only after you've had your breakfast" I said, his eyes jerked open and found mine, I was pretty adamant about it. I thought he would just ignore me but instead he took the tray from my hand, a little to roughly and drank his juice in a gulp, his eyes never leaving mine, he then ate a few nachos with the cheesy dip, and moaned. a small smile appeared on my face, I knew he won't be able to ignore nachos and cheese, its his favourite junk food, what I observed so far.

"Now, get lost" he said as soon as his bowl emptied. I shook my head in a no, "First, have this paracetamol and take some rest. " I said, raising my eyebrows.

"You can cut this crap of being a caring wife, you are here for an year and more than that. I think you have forgotten about the divorce papers you signed?" his words were agonizing, I smiled sadly, "I know Sid, you don't need to remind me daily" I said and stood up to leave but turned around, "Take some rest. I will call your secretary and let him know you won't be coming today." I muttered and walked out of his room when I saw a slight nod from him.

******

Hours later I was in the library when I heard some moment outside of it, I shut my book and headed out to see who might be walking or pacing when Sid must be sleeping and no ones at home. I took off today for I couldn't leave Sid alone here. I walked and found Sid pacing up and down the corridor.