Chapter 34: Pleasure Meeting

Chapter 34 – Pleasure Meeting

[Naomi Rivero’s P.O.V]

“So my proposed plan was this building and those two doors over there would be…” I never listened at his statements. I kept on nodding and nodding. I was staring at his face. Lalo siyang naging guwapo, mas pumuti pa siya and he was here alive. How come he never remembers me?

“So how’s the plan?” I was dumb founded when I finally heard him speak.

“The plan… Oh it was great” Tinitigan ko yung presentation niya ng building for the Hotel design

“Umm mind if I look at it” Sabi ko and he just nodded. Bored look was plastered on his face.

“The base and the loads, are you sure that the loads and the bases will be safe and secure if it will be built? “ Tanong ko and he just shrugged. Jeez! Architect ba kausap ko? Is he even listening?

“I’m sure that the base and the loads you are talking about will perfectly fit the proposal I made and one thing…Do you doubt my skills?” Tanong niya and I just shrugged.

“Okay” Sabi niya and we finished eating our food.

“Here’s your bill Sir and Ma’am” Sabi nung isang waitress na lumapit saamin. I looked at the bill and it was too affordable so I took out my purse and I was about to take my money out but then I heard the Waitress talked

“Thank you sir. Come back again” Narinig kong sabi nung waitress and then she left with a money on her hand

“You’re welcome” Sabi nung nasa harapan kong lalake na hindi ako makapaniwalang siya.

“K Thanks” Sabi ko and turned to the contract paper that I am supposed to sign for the approval.

“Sign it” Sabi niya and I just shrugged. His plan on the paper was definitely good and I highly agree that his proposal would be awesome enough for my Dad’s company.

I signed it and gave the contract back to him.

“I guess we’re done here. I gotta go I have some party to attend to.” Sabi ko.

“Oh-kay. Bye” Sabi niya with a large smirk on his face.

Yun! Iniwan nalang niya ako sa Restaurant na ‘yon ng walang lingon! Great! Paano ako uuwi? Ang gentleman naman kasi ni DJ.

I stepped out of the restaurant and waited for a cab to pick me up.

---

“OMG! Is this really real? Bakit kasi ngayon ka lang nag-sabi? Andito ako sa bahay na tinitirhan nila Jale and Spadex here in New York, we are actually planning to visit you” Sabi ni Relle

“Hindi ko rin alam Relle. He’s alive! What the hell happened? Ni isang galaw niya ibang-iba” Sabi ko and there wa sa long silence

“Naomi We’ll be there. OMG! Miss na kita! Masyado lang kasing hazard sa trabaho kaya ganon. Kaloka naman yan” Sabi ni Relle and I laughed

“Sige sige, I’m expecting you guys” Sabi ko and there was a loud sound. It’s like they’re cheering

“Suuure! BaBye!” Sabi ni Relle and the call ended.

Humiga ako sa higaan habang inaayos ko yung pajama ko. Tinitigan ko lang yung ceiling ng suite and isip ako nang isip then a loud knock made me fall from bed.

“OUCH!” I exclaimed and hinimas ko yung likod ko at tinitigan yung pintuan.

*Knock knock*

Tumayo na ako at lumapit sa pintuan and opened it

“Yes may I---“ I stopped. Shizness I should’ve looked at the peeking hole before opening the door! Bigla nalang ako naging conscious sa itsura ko. Jusko magulo ang buhok, naka-pajama, maluwag na t-shirt, naka-paa. Jeez!

“Un-ready huh?” Sabi niya sabay wiggle ng eyebrows niya. Lels na-miss ko tuloy siya. I missed how he change his mood time by time

“What do you want DJ?” Tanong ko and I almost forgot

“DJ? Where did you get that nickname?” Tanong niya. OMFG naman!

“I mean David…What are you doing here?” Tanong ko

“Alam mo for a person you’re rude not letting guests enter your suite” Sabi niya and na-pa nganga naman ako doon

“Oh right, s-sorry, Please come in” Sabi ko and he entered without looking at me. Ako naman titig na titig lang sakanya. Why does he have to show up?!

“What are you doing here?” Tanong ko and he smirked

“I’m here because your pendant fell inside my bag, maybe it unlocked itself.” Kulang nalang agawin ko na sakanya yung pendant na hawak niya. It’s precious! He gave it to me and why does it have to fall inside his bag?! Nyemes na leche flan nga naman!

“Give it to me” Sabi ko and he stuck his tongue out. DJ please wag mo akong paiyakin sa harap mo dahil hindi mo alam kung gaano kita na-miss.

“Nope! I haven’t opened it yet. What’s inside this?” Tanong niya and I almost popped my eyes out of my skull.

“None of your business” Sabi ko and nakikipag-agawan ako sakanya but he’s so har-headed! Nyeta ka DJ! Iniinis mo ang Diwa ko

“Not until you tell me” Sabi niya and I almost cried in front of him because of defeat but I can’t.

“Di tayo close!” Sabi ko and he just stuck his tongue out.

Nagulat nalang ako nang bigla niya akong hilain by my waist and he held me closer to him.

“Ngayon close na tayo” Sabi niya at nag-smirk pa siya. I can’t help but smile a little dahil sa dahilan na na-miss ko siya.

I pushed him dahilan para mag-karoon ng space between us.

“Wag mo na akong pahirapan please!” Sabi ko and then he stopped. I just felt a hot liquid rushing down my cheeks.

“I’m not. Why are you crying?” Tanong niya and I just looked at him.

“Nothing” Sabi ko and dried my tears tapos hinablot ko sakanya yung kwintas

“You can now leave” Sabi ko sakanya and he just shrugged and left.

Bago ko maisara yung pinto lumingon naman siya saakin and then I was bit taken aback by his words

“Hey, Naomi, It’s a pleasure meeting you. See you next week” Sabi niya and then he smiled and umalis na siya.

I miss you” Sabi ko and then closed the door.