Chapter 30: Weird Feelings

Chapter 30 –  Weird Feelings

[Naomi Rivero’s P.O.V]

Everybody’s waiting. Everybody’s sitting and waiting for what the announcement would do. Everyone’s excited for they knew this day would be the last day of their student’s life. Ito na nga ata ang pinaka-hihintay ng lahat. After this day, everything will change. Here comes the third chapter of our life. It’s Graduation day.

A lot has changed since the school started after New Year. DJ and I had never talked again. We never get the chance to talk. And ngayon heto na ako naka-upo sa tabi ng mga graduating.

“And for the Summa cum Laude...Trixie Martinez!” We all clapped and cheered for Trixie na kasalukuyang umaakyat na ng stage to accept the graduation certificate in a rolled paper. She even gave a small speech about it.

“Magna cum Laude…David Jon Gonzales” As I heard his name it was like I heard my grave. Kinabahan ako. Ever since the night I last saw him hindi ko na siya nakita after wards.

I saw him walking and walked up to the stage and accepted the certificate and kung ano ano pa na mga ginagawa niya I was just looking at his face. His handsome face.

I was still on the third line kaya hindi umabot sa Cum Laude thingy but the good thing is I actually got it here

“Naomi Rivero” I heard my name not noticing na ako na pala yung aakyat. I walked and walked while wearing the black toga and my graduation cap. As I went up I saw Mom and Dad waving and taking a picture of me.  I can’t explain the feeling but it was actually good that I am here on the stage standing and realizing everything that I have been through. Math 17, Physics and the other subjects that I cried for was totally worth it.

Graduate of Civil Engineering. How cool is that? Tapos na ang pag-hihirap ko. What gift could I possibly accept? I hope a new Condominium or a new car.

“Congrats anak!” Mom Said And I hugged them.

“Paano ba yan anak? Excited ka na ba sa surprise?” Dad said. OMG ito na yun!

“Here” Sabi ni Dad at inabot niya saakin yung isang box na maliit.

“Ano to?” Tanong ko and I saw a key.

“Let’s go meet your new condo” Sabi ni Mom and I can’t help but cry and we went to my Dad’s car inalis ko na rin yung toga ko and headed to the condominium I am going to live.

“Home sweet home anak” Sabi ni Dad and I saw my condominium Unit and naka-ayos na ang lahat my clothes are already there and lahat ayos na. Yung groceries nasa may table na din. I entered my room and saw the same room I was in parang nasa bahay parin ako yet Ang naiiba ay ang Walk-In closet ko. Some clothes are new and some shoes are new too.

“Parang pinapalayas niyo na ako Mom…But thank you” Sabi ko and Hugged them once more.

“Basta anak we are always here for you” Sabi ni Dad and hugged them

“Iset mo na yung passcode mo anak we will be going already, you are going to Paris Next week” Sabi ni Mom and parang pakiramdam ko titili na ako sa tuwa

“Really?!” Sabi ko and they nodded and I ran to them and hugged them

“Thank you mom! Thanks Dad!” Sabi ko and they left. Ako naman ayos ng gamit here and there.

Bzzt bzzt

“Hey!” Sabi ko

“Yow! Musta? Congrats nga pala! Ano gift sayo ng parents mo?” Tanong ni Relle over the phone