My New Job

>>>Y/N's POV<<<

Today was an extremely special day. I had just graduated from college and I was about to land my first job. I was really into singing and playing the violin, piano, and cello. I went and got a degree for it and now I've been hired as a vocalist and a secondary musician at Joey Drew Studios. I lifted my feet up and down quickly, squealing with excitement. "*squeals* I'm going to be singing and creating music for the Bendy cartoon!" My eyes sparkled with anticipation as a woman with a clipboard, black dress, grey hair and glasses walked towards me.

She sighed and smiled, "Hello there Miss. I am Lacie Benton, and I'm here to inform you that Mr. Drew has read your resumé and says that you will be working here from now on." I was taken aback by this, "What do you mean? The inflection you put on 'from now on'?" I tilted my head. "I mean, you will be living in the studio working here for the Bendy cartoons." She said with an annoyed huff and walked back to her desk. "Your co-workers are currently in the Music Department." She told me, waving me away.

I looked at Ms. Benton for a little while longer before walking over to the door that lead to the Music Department. I was so happy I almost cried at what I saw. The room was full of every variety of instruments. I took the beautiful sight in and was surprised when a young man bumped into me. "Move it..... I have work to do." He grumbled and walked over to talk to another man with brown hair. He took a small glance my way and shook his head. "Hold on for a sec Jack..." He told the other man and walked in my direction. He leaned towards my face, he wore an almost permanent frown and growled. "Do you..... Need something?" He asked.

My face was burning red, and I shook my head profusely. "N- No sir! You..... You see...." He stopped me short and studied my face. He then nodded, "Ah! I see, sorry.... You're the new employee Mr. Drew mentioned.... What was it....... Ah-ha! You're our new vocalist and secondary musician." His frown deepened, "You better not get it the way. The deadlines for this show are extremely tight, so I suggest you don't mess up." He glared at me before walking away. I sighed, "He's so handsome....... No, wait! Why am I thinking this already? Come on Y/N, get a hold of yourself. You just met this guy! Wait a bit before you get too excited. Jeez." I shook my head.

He sat on the bench for the piano and began playing my favorite song, Composer Struggles. He played every note with such grace and precision. I was lost in the way he moved with the tune and his smile. He truly had a passion for music, but at the same time, he seemed miserable with his job. He finished his performance and turned to look at me. He nodded to me and stood to bow. "Savor it. It's the only performance I'm doing." He said, and walked away, not a single hint of a negative expression on his blank face. I was so drawn to the way he gracefully walked away. The way he held himself, he seemed like he was so much higher in rank than me.

Jack walked up to me and gave me a warm smile, "Hehe.... I think he forgot he was supposed to talk to me. Anyway, he's not that bad. Just give him a chance." I put my hand up, "What's his name? He never introduced himself." Jack laughed, "He will, once he warms up to you. Give him a bit, the guy doesn't really like..... How does he say it? 'Human Interaction' very much is all." He shrugged, "Give it time. You'll know his name soon enough." Jack said and walked away. I decided to wander about the studio a bit. I walked into the art room and one desk with a guy sketching tirelessly on a project. I cleared my throat, to announce my presence. He jumped and turned to look at me, and smiled.

His eyes were sunken in and a deep shade of purple. He had stress lines all around his face, and he leaned against the chair as if he was forcing himself to stay awake. "Hey there. Come on in." He said and turned back to his work. I walked over and sat next to him, "So.... What's your name sir?" He smiled and stopped to look at me. "The name's Henry Steine. I helped Joey Drew open this place. I the lead animator." He said. I was concerned about his health and had to at least ask him if he was ok. "Hey? Are you ok Mr. Steine? You look pretty worn out." He nodded, "I'm fine, and please, call me Henry." He sighed and returned to work.

I shook my head, "The guy I met in the Music Department said that deadlines for the show are pretty strict." He laughed, "Do you mean Jack or the Music Director Sammy?" He asked. I blushed, "His name is Sammy?" I asked. Henry nodded, "Yep. Sammy Lawrence. The director of the Music Department. He and I are good friends." He smiled, "And that definitely sounds like Sammy...... He isn't wrong though..... Working here requires you to be able to withstand huge amounts of stress and lack of pay. Along with Joey constantly breathing down your neck. The other thing I need to mention....... Is you're not allowed to go home..... Ever....." Henry put his face onto his desk.

I looked at him, he sounded as if he hated his job. He sat back up, "I hope you got some memorable times in with your family. Because now you won't be seeing them anytime soon..... I haven't seen my wife, Linda, in months. I miss her so much." He sighed, "if Joey likes what you do be prepared for him to tell you, you can't sleep. I haven't slept for 15 hours straight." He leaned back and forth on his seat. I sighed, "You should really get some re-" Henry fell onto my shoulder and began to snore. I smiled, "Go ahead and rest. I'll start working first thing tomorrow." I leaned against my seat and fell asleep.

Ok! That is the end of the first chapter!

So, what do you, as the reader(s), want to happen next?

Tell me in the comment section below, and if you like anyone's ideas make sure to mention them in the comments too.

But, other than that, thanks for reading and for the support!

Until next chapter my young readers!

Peace.

-Crystal Z