Chapter 7

Aubrey's POV
I looked at San and he looked like he was having a fight with himself in his mind. After a minute or two, he looked at me.
"I need to tell you something." San mumbled. I only just heard what he said, he was so quiet. I looked at him urging him to go on.

He told me everything. Why he was being horrible, the past and how he felt. I looked over at him shocked that I had forgotten that it was him. I remember what happened but I just forgot what San looked like. I also didn't realise he had the same name at the time but I realised too late. I could have avoided him getting angry! I could have stopped him from feeling the need to smoke! I am so dumb.

By the time he had finished our story, we were both a crying mess. (again smh)

How on earth did I manage to forget my best friend? I am such a bad person and I will never forgive myself. No wonder he was so cold and harsh to me. I would have done the same.

San put his hand out to hold mine. I looked at his hand and on his wrist was a bracelet. The bracelet was a friendship one I made him a few weeks before I left. Instead of grabbing his hand, I pulled him in for a hug.

I kept on mumbling "I'm so sorry" and when I was still saying it San looked at me, sat me up and grabbed my hands saying "It is ok! Don't worry, I forgive you" and he then carried on "but only if you forgive me too". I nodded in reply and he bought me close to him again. This is how we used to be. We were inseparable and were always at each other's side. I missed this so much.

"I need to tell you something too" I whispered. San nodded telling me to go ahead. "I didn't know I was leaving South Korea until the day I left. My dad got home from work the one day and said 'we are going back home'. I was so confused at the time. We got the first flight back and he got rid of my phone and gave me a brand new one as soon as we got back to the UK. Of course he already broke and threw away my phone so I couldn't get your number or anything. I would have told you if I had known but I didn't" I voiced my situation.

"I think about it now and my dad must have done something bad for us to leave as quick as we had to. I never found out what happened though". San didn't say anything for a while but then he answered "don't worry about it. We have each other as best friends now and I will not let you go again. I don't want to lose you".

I am so happy that we sorted things out. My day may have been slightly shitty but it got better in the end.
"What hotel are you staying at? I will take you back if you like". San asked. I replied saying "Hyde Park Hotel" (I don't know if it's real, I just made it up)
San looked at me and said "same" grinning from ear to ear showing his adorable dimples off.

San got his phone out messaging someone. "I'm messaging Seonghwa to tell him I'm on my way back to the hotel now! I don't want any of them to worry about me".
"Oh no, I forgot that you told me that Seonghwa messaged me too". I messaged Seonghwa too and said that I am fine and I will message him when I get back to the hotel. 

We had to get the underground to the hotel which took a long time but at least I could spend that time with my best friend. We both told each other things that happened since we had left each other. I didn't really do much other than getting a job so I could go to concerts. I didn't really need a job because my dad owned a company but, I wanted to feel like a normal person and not just someone that lives off my mum and dad's money for the rest of their lives.

San also said he didn't do much other than dancing and singing. Then he got into Ateez and that's when everything changed for the better in his life. I wish I was there to fix him but I'm glad someone else did while I couldn't.

"So... who is your bias in Ateez?" San questioned and I blushed saying "do you really want to know?" He nodded and I simply said "You, Choi San". He smiled so brightly And then said "you're not just saying that because I'm here, are you?" I giggled saying "no, you were always my bias".
We talked about a few other things before having to get off. Once we got off it was only a 2 minute walk to the hotel.

Once we got to the hotel I thought of an idea. "San, do you want to stay over like old times?" San would always stay at mine when we were younger because he wanted to be out of his aunt and uncles house as much as possible. They were not nasty to him or anything but he just never felt like he was at home. It was just a place to sleep, when he wasn't at mine.
San said "yes" excitedly and ran to grab his things from his room trying not to be too noisy.

Once San got everything he needed, he came out of the room and we walked to my room. He bought his pyjamas, toothbrush, clothes for tomorrow and a towel so he could shower.
"Seonghwa was asleep when I went in so I decided not to bother him". San whispered walking down the hall. I nodded realising that must be why he hasn't replied to the texts.

When we got to my room, San got ready for bed in the bathroom and I just waited until he was done. Once he was done, we swapped so I could go and have a shower, wash my face, do my teeth and all that. San obviously did the same. After all he had just done a concert so he needed a shower. I put my pyjamas on then went out the bathroom to go to bed. When I walked out, San was already in my bed nearly asleep. It was a double king size bed so there was plenty of room.

I got in bed and whispered "goodnight Sannie". He mumbled back saying "goodnight Bree". These were nicknames we gave to each other back in Korea when we were 10. It was cute.
I fell asleep smiling for the first time in a while.
.
.
.
.
.