1

It's the oldest story in the world

It's the oldest story in the world. One day you're seventeen and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And that someday is yesterday. And this is your life.

And my life sucked.

Walking through the streets of Chicago I zipped Kevin's hoodie up to try and keep the wind out because stupid me forgot to put a coat on before I left.

Life has a funny way of playing you and I should know my life sucked. Thank god Kevin decided to take me in as being homeless wasn't fun.

"There's my girl" Trudy grinned as I walked through the doors of the 21st.

"Hey" I smiled placing a coffee on the desk for her. "Kev upstairs?"

"Yeah he was whining because you are late" she laughed as she buzzed me up.

"Well he can quit being a big baby" I smirked.

As I got to the top of the stairs I saw Kevin stood there with his back to me so I snuck up behind him wrapping my arms around his ginormous frame.

"I know exactly who that is" he chuckled placing his hand over mine.

"It's me" I giggled.

"So you got me my food" he smirked turning to face me.

"Why else would I be here big bro"

"To see me" Adam piped up.

"Was I talking to you? No didn't fucking think so" I scoffed shooting Adam evils.

One thing you should know. Adam Ruzek. Yeah hated the guy, he got on my every last nerve and it's like he knew it.

"Right come on feisty let's got eat before you kill him" kevin chuckled leading me into the break room.

"Urgh I hate his face" I huffed as I flopped onto the couch passing Kev his food.

"Can you at least play nice for me, he is my best friend"

"This is me playing nice" I laughed shoving a handful of fries in my mouth.

"That's What I'm worried about" he half laughed "anyway how did the interview go?"

"Meh it went ok should find out in a couple of days but not that bothered if I don't get it, it's just something so I can earn money whilst I figure out what I'm doing" I nodded back.

Just as Kevin began to speak the door burst open.

"Atwater we got a role we got a hit on that phone" Adam said poking his head through the door.

"I'm sorry bear" Kevin sighed sadness in his eyes.

"It's ok go save the world big bro and I will meet you at home" I smiled. The first few times this happened I hated it but you soon grew used to him being pulled away he was a cop at the end of the day.

"I will buy us Chinese for dinner" he said softly pulling me into a hug.

"Kev just go" I laughed.

———

"Bear I'm home" Kevin shouted through the apartment.

"Good because I'm starving" I whined as I flicked through the channels whilst laying on the sofa.

"Good job I ordered food on the way home then" he smirked

"Kev I'm grabbing a beer do you want one?" Adams voice came from the hall way.

"Please tell me you didn't" I huffed glaring at him.

"Bear he is going through a rough time and needs his best friend so please just be nice" Kevin whispered placing his hand on your knee "for me"

"Fine but if he eats all the lemon chicken i am not responsible for my actions"

"Thought you'd say that so I ordered extra" he smirked.

"I suppose you get to keep the big brother of the year title then" I giggled moving my legs so he could sit down.

As Adam walked into the living room his eyes landed on me and widened.

Fuck I forgot I was just in my sports bra and joggers. Reaching over the back of the sofa I grabbed my hoodie and quickly pulled it around my body.

"To say you don't have a lot of money you sure have a lot of tattoos" Adam said raising his eyebrow.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kevin sigh, he knew this would be a long evening.

"Not that it should matter to you but my best friend is a tattoo artist so I don't pay for them" I shrugged.

"Do they hurt?" He asked.

"No dumbass they are licked on by unicorns" I scoffed putting my feet on the coffee table.

"Jheeze only asked a question" he said holding his hands up.

"Yeah a stupid one" I stated rolling my eyes. "Kev let me know when food is here, I'm going to my room"

After flopping on my bed I sighed, I knew Adam was kevs best friend but he just got on my last nerve, even his face made me just want to punch him.

Hearing my phone ring I smiled at the caller Id.

"Sup bitch" I laughed as my best friends face appeared on my screen.

"Alright skank" she smirked. "What's with the face of thunder?"

"Kev brought Adam hone tonight" I scowled.

"I think you are going to end up with that expression seen as you are always scowling" Roxi laughed.

"Not my fault the guy is a jerk"

"Wanna know what I think?" She said.

"Nope but I have a feeling you are gonna tell me anyway" I sighed.

"I think deep down you hate him so much because you want to fuck him"

"Ewwww Rox I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon" I shivered.

"Hey I didn't say you wanted to date him I just said fuck him" she laughed. "Imagine with the amount you hate him how hot the sex would be"

"Girl all you think about is sex" I laughed shaking my head.

"It's true though" she shrugged.

"Remind me why I'm friends with you again" I said raising my eyebrows.

"Because you'd have to pay for your ink if not" she laughed.

AN- so what do we think of the first part? Would love to hear your feedback.