The Kanima

Chapter Twenty-five

The Kanima

🌸❀

Flora quickly apologized to the girl she accidentally hit when she was rushing towards the two boys.

Even after numerous nights of running it still made her exhausted.

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead."

Flora stopped next to Stiles when she heard what Scott just said. "Now that's a warm welcome." She mumbled and swang her arm around Stiles' shoulder, finally being as tall as him thanks to her platform shoes. "How is the rest of the suicide squad doing?" The girl joked and softly tapped Stiles' cheek. "Anything new?"

The two shared a look, not wanting to ruin the girl's mood with the news.

Stiles sighed when Flora tilted her head, her wavy hair falling over her face. "Isaac is back in school." He admitted.

Flora's mouth opened in shock, not expecting the news. "Is he okay?" She asked the boys, slowly walking towards the classroom.

Stiles and Scott raised their eyebrows at the girl. "Why should we care? It's not like he's on our side." Scott snapped at the girl.

Flora took a step back, offended by Scott's outburst. "He's doing what he believes is right because Derek helped him get out of an abusive home Scott." She scoffed and looked the teen werewolf up and down in disbelief before storming into the classroom.

"Don't look at me, you know that she's trying to find something good about everyone." Stiles put his hands up, defending himself from Scott's stern look. "Come on, we'll figure it out." He clapped Scott's shoulder and dragged him towards the class.

Flora hugged Lydia and then took the seat in front of her, inconveniently for her - her seat was also next to Jackson.

"Hey, testicle left and right," Jackson said to Scott and Stiles, earning a snort from Flora.

"What?" She mumbled when the two boys threw her an annoyed look.

"What the hell is a Kanima?" Jackson asked.

Flora's head snapped towards him, eyeing him suspiciously. How could Jackson know about Kanima?

Before any of them could say anything to him Coach Finstock threw a book on his desk.

"Listen up." He yelled at the class. "Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult...I'm not even too sure I could pass it."

Flora mentally cursed, completely forgetting about the upcoming midterm.

School was the last thing she was thinking about.