Swimming Lessons

Chapter twenty-four

Swimming Lessons

🌸❀

Flora was sitting outside with Allison after the whole fiasco with Mrs. Morell.

She was about to start discussing the new season of new Netflix drama when Stiles ran towards them, ready to exchange another message between Scott and Allison.

You see, ever since Gerard became the principal, Scott and Allison couldn't talk even at school so Stiles was their homing pigeon.

"Hey, Flora." He greeted the blonde while taking deep breaths from the run he just did. "Allison I think your family has a bestiary." He sat next to Flora.

Flora snorted and took a sip of her water. "Don't you mean bestiality?" She asked with a teasing tone.

Stiles looked at her with disbelief that she had the same reaction as Scott. "No, I mean bestiary. Filthy." He sighed before turning his attention back to Allison, ignoring Flora's sarcastic scoff.

Allison looked at them with an amused smirk. "Can you describe this thing?" She asked Stiles.

"It's probably like a book. Old, worn..."

"Bound in leather?" Allison speculated which caught Stiles' attention.

"Dork." Flora smiled when Stiles ran back to school, tell Scott what Allison told him. "What?" The girl blushed when Allison showed her a smirk.

"Nothing, just thinking about how 'I don't like him' turned into 'dork'." The brunette questioned but realized that Flora's blushing cheeks answered for her.

🌸

Flora was familiar with the plan that would get her into a lot of trouble if she got caught but she trusted Stiles' thinking.

His plan was pretty simple - if Allison would manage to pass Gerard's keys to Stiles during the lacrosse game they would be able to "break" into his office.

So Flora was currently waiting for Stiles in the school parking lot, freezing her ass for some book about the supernatural - as if the internet didn't exist.

But at least she didn't have to watch another lacrosse game that would end up with praising Jackson.

"F-Flora?"

The girl turned towards the small sob she heard behind her. "Lydia?" She asked when she saw her friend crying in her car. "What happened?"

Lydia stayed silent for a while, taking heavy breaths from the crying.

"I don't know I just feel so confused Flora, what is wrong with me? How come Jackson doesn't want me?" Lydia squeezed her eyes shut, trying to stop the salty water that was coming out of her eyes.