the body

Mike looked at some of Will's drawing, El played with his walky-talky, and I sat on the floor. "Can you please stop that?" Mike asks. "Are you deaf? I thought we were friends, you know? But friends tell each other the truth. And they defiantly don't lie to each other. You guys made me think Will was okay, that he was still out there, but he wasn't. He wasn't! Maybe you two thought you were helping, but you weren't. You hurt me. Do you understand? What you did sucks. Lucas was right about you guys. All along." Mike rants. El used her powers on the supercomm, connecting it with Will. He sang some song. Mike walked over to El and I. She hands him the device. "Will, is that you? It's Mike! Do you copy? Over," Mike announces. "Will, are you there? Will!" Mike shouts. "Was that... Was it..." Mike began. "Will," I smile.

time skip

"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" Mike asks. "Yeah, I heard a baby," Lucas murmured. "What?" Mike questions. "Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburns' next door." Lucas explains. "Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!" Mike corrects. "Mike..." Lucas starts. "Lucas, you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. El and y/n heard it too!" Mike assured. "Oh, well, if the weirdos heard him, then I guess--" Lucas starts. "Are you sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin cuts him off. "I don't think it's about that. I think, somehow, El's channeling him," Mike adds. "Like... like Professor X." Dustin mumbles. "Yeah," Mike smiles. "Are you actually believing this crap?" Lucas snaps. "I don't know, I mean... Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that," Dustin explains. "Did you guys not see what I saw? They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead!" Lucas shouts. "Well, maybe it's his ghost. Maybe he's haunting us," Dustin suggests. "It's not his ghost," Mike hissed. "How do you know that?" Lucas questioned. "That's not how it works," I blurt, defending Mike. "Then what was in that water?" Lucas quizzes. "I don't know! All I know is Will is alive. Will is alive! He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him. This isn't gonna work. We need to get El to a stronger radio," Mike demands. "Mr. Clarke's Heathkit ham shack," Dustin announces. "Yeah," Mike agreed. "The Heathkit's at school. There is no way we're gonna get the weirdos in there without anyone noticing. I mean... look at them." Lucas states, pointing to us. Mike grabbed our hands, leading us up to the room we were in yesterday. Mike pulled out a box, taking a brush out of it. He took turns applying the stuff to El and I. Lucas and Dustin hand us outfits and wigs. El's was blonde, and mine is y/h/c. El wore a pink dress, and I wore (outfit at top). El and I walk out of the room and into the hall.

"Wow. They look--" Dustin starts. "Pretty. Good. You look pretty good," Mike smiled, looking at me. I walk to the mirror, staring at my reflection. "Pretty. Good," I whisper.

"Okay, remember, if anyone sees us, look sad," Mike explains. "It's locked," Mike groans. "Do you think you can open it, with your powers?" Dustin asks El. "Boys? Assembly's about to start." A man announced. "We know. We're just, you know..."Mike starts. "Upset," Lucas follows. "Yeah, defiantly upset," Dustin stammers. "We need some alone time," Mike pouts. "To cry," Dustin adds. "Yeah, listen... I get it. I do. I know how hard this is, but let's just be there for Will, huh? And then... the Heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day. What do you say?" The man exclaims, tossing Mike his keys.

"I don't believe we've met. What's your name?" Mr. Clarke asks El and I. "Eleven..." she whispers. "Eleanor and y/n! They're my, uh--" Mike starts, speaking over El. "Cousins," Lucas cuts in. "Second cousins," Dustin adds. "They're here for Will's funeral," Mike sighs. "Ah, well, welcome to Hawkins Middle, girls. I wish you were here under better circumstances." Mr. Clarke exclaims. "Thank you," I mutter. "Uh, where are you from exactly?" Mr. Clarke questions. "Bad place--" El began. "Sweeden!" Dustin butts in. "I have a lot of Sweedish family. They hate it there," Mike explains. "Cold!" Lucas adds."Sub-Zero," Dustin adds. "Shall we?" Mr. Clarke asks. "Yep!" Lucas replies.

As we walk into the gym, everyone turns and looks at us. "Abort," Dustin whispers, turning around.

"Look at these fakers," Mike whispers. "I bet they probably didn't know his name till today," Lucas added. We all heard two boys laughing. "Mouth breather," El whispers. The bell rang, and students began to leave. "Hey! Hey! Hey, Troy! Hey, Troy!" Mike calls out. The two turn around and face him. "You... you think this is funny?" Mike asks. "What'd you say, Wheeler?" the boy named Troy quizzes. "I saw you guys laughing over there. And I think that's a real messed up thing to do," he stammers. "Didn't you listen to the counselor, Wheeler? Grief shows itself in funny ways." The other boy James mocks. "Besides, what's there to be sad about, anyway? Will's in fairyland now, right? Flying around with all the other little fairies. All happy and gay!" Troy teases. Mike runs up behind Troy and pushes him over. "You're dead, Wheeler. Dead!" Troy gets up, running towards him. I use my powers to convince Troy to pee himself. All of a sudden, he does. The whole room breaks out into laughter. Mike turns around to face me as I wipe my nose.

"Hey, what's going on here?" a man asks. "Mike! Let's go!" Lucas exclaims, pulling Mike away. We run out of the gym and into the AV room. "Come on," Mike whispered as we walked over to the radio. "Now what?" Dustin asks as I sit down. "She'll find him. Right, El?" Mike exclaims. Mike turned on the radio as El shuts her eyes.

The boys spoke to each other as I watched El. She used her powers, making the light turn off. The radio began to clang. We could hear Will calling for his mom over the radio. El's nose began to bleed, and I could tell she was losing energy. Then, a fuse blows and the radio caught on fire. El opened her eyes as Dustin grabbed the fire extinguisher as the fire alarm rang. He blew out the fire, setting it out. "We have to get her back to your house!" I order. "Here, help her up," Mike demanded.

Mike and Lucas grabbed El's arms as Dustin, and I grabbed her legs, carrying her to Mikes' bike.