"Hey, Bella, what's up, girl?" He asked his girlfriend, his voice high. He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the doorframe playing cool.

"Am I missing something?" She asked him, the worst case scenarios running amuck in her mind. Was he cheating on her? Why did he hang up so quickly.

"No, babe." He said, stepping towards her and taking her into his arms. He kissed her lips and smoothed her hair down.

"Who were you talking to just now?" She asked, chewing on the inside of her cheek.

"Alice." He replied, thinking it's useless to lie.

"Oh, how is she doing?" Bella asked, her expression softening just a little.

"She's fine, just calling to check in on you." He lied smoothly, smiling down at her as his hands continued to roam over her.

"Why didn't she just call me herself?" Bella asked in confusion.

"She knows how you get on your birthday." He shrugged it off and she bit her lip and sighed.

"Fair enough." She responded, melting into his embrace.

"Bella?" He says her name softly, bringing his hands to her face. She looked up at him in question, and he continued ; "tell me you love me?"

"I do love you." She says, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. "So much it hurts sometimes."

"I love you, too." He says, kissing her once again before pulling away. "Now go get ready."

She groaned, "Edward I told you I didn't want to do anything for my birthday."

"And I'm honoring that request in the best way I can, but if you think I'm not going to feed you and bring you to the movies you're dead wrong." He says, smirking.

She took a minute to think about that before nodding. "Okay, I guess that sounds alright." She says.

Edward had already ordered delivery for her birthday supper, Chinese, as she had mentioned in passing that for over a week now it's all she wants to eat. He knew trying to take her to a restaurant wouldn't go over very well. She would accuse him of trying to celebrate her birthday and get her in a sour mood before her surprise party tonight.

While Bella was getting ready, Edward hid their house key underneath the doormat for their friends to find. Once he was finished, their food showed up. He paid the bill including a nice tip and then brought it to the dining room where he began setting it out on the table.

Bella bounced out of the hallway excitedly at the smell of her favorite food, and when she turned the corner to the kitchen and seen that her boyfriend actually had gotten her favorite, her eyes lit up like a little kid on Christmas.

He looked at her, admiring how good she looked. Her shirt was black, with long sleeves and a V neck, it was a slim wrap, and appeared like a second skin. Her jeans were high waisted, blue denim skinny jeans. Her hair fell over her shoulders in beautiful waves, as it always did.

"You look gorgeous." He told her, walking around the table and to where she stood. "How the hell are you dating me?"

"Have you seen yourself?" She asks. "I ask myself that same question about you everyday."

"Agree to disagree, then." He says with a shy smile on his face. She nods in amusement and walks around him, kissing his cheek before walking to their table where she sits down.

"This all smells so good, I'm starving." She says, he sits with her and gives Bella her food which she immediately begins eating.

Once they were finished, Edward drove the two to the movie theater, where they watched a scary movie, with her curled up onto his chest, occasionally burying her face in his shoulder.

Ever After |all human| COMPLETEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें