Chapter 38

Bella's POV ;

As the weeks went on, I didn't feel as devastated as I once was about having to leave my home. Carlisle and Esme had taken me in with open arms, showing me just how amazing the family Edward was raised in was. I got a taste of what it would be like to live with Edward, he was very particular about things. Everything had a place and everything was in its place. There was never a stray sock on his bedroom floor, when he woke up, his bed was made and there were always fresh towels stocked up in his bathroom.

His CDs were in alphabetical order, as were his movies. His desk was perfect, his papers stacked up neatly, his computer always open and on. He wouldn't say anything if I moved something, he would just quietly move it back once he thought I wasn't looking. I wasn't a messy person by any stretch of the imagination, I was actually very much clean. I just didn't feel the need to make everything look perfect in the perfect spot.

It was very sexy, seeing him act that way. I'm not sure why, but one day while he was organizing his books, I sat on the bed, cross legged, watching him. It's funny how watching the person you love do a task so miniscule can be such a turn on, but it was. Every now and again he would skim through the book, and I would watch the muscles flex in his forearm.

When he finished what he was doing, he stood up and stretched as he turned to face me. His shirt raised slightly above his stomach as he did, and I couldn't help but look at the skin that was exposed.

He cleared his throat, and I looked up at him. "You like what you see?" He asked me.

"You know I do." I said, moving to my knees and crawling to the edge of the bed. "But you can't say much."

"I can't?" He questioned as he neared me, a sexy smirk on his face. I shook my head. "Why not?"

"Because," I said, pulling my shirt off over my head, moving back to rest on my palms so he had a full view of my chest. Just as suspected, his eyes greedily drank in my skin, and he was lost, "this is your reaction."

"I can't help it." He said, moving to crawl over me. "You're so beautiful."

I giggled, my hands going to his chest as he hovered above me. "You think so?" I asked.

He moved his head down to press kisses along my jaw, and I moaned loudly as he reached underneath my ear. He continued his assault on my neck, licking and sucking his way down. I tangled my fingers in his hair, as he moved down my body.

It was the first time since getting back together that we were intimate, and it felt good to be connected to him in that way again. I would be lying if I said I didn't have trouble keeping my hands to myself the next few days.

Mostly, we behaved ourselves. It was enough to just lay in his arms most nights, and while I had begun this sad that I was leaving my childhood home, and still was sad about it, I was also happy being with the man I loved. I also knew that when the person who was terrorizing me was caught, I wouldn't want to leave him. How was I supposed to deal with going to a different college then him? I think we had another conversation to have.

Prom was coming quickly, and we had to do a fundraiser for Alice and Rosalie, originally we weren't going to do it, but then I decided the distraction might be nice. Edward was insistent that he would do whatever I did so I didn't have to face it alone. Part of me was glad I would have him by my side, the other part of me wasn't too overjoyed at the idea of him being auctioned off to another girl.

"If someone were to make a move on me, I would just leave." He had said to comfort me. "There's no one else." He had kissed away my pout, and it was reassuring.

Now was the night of the actual fundraiser, and myself and Alice were running a kissing booth before the auction. Edward was off at another booth, helping Jasper. Once it was my turn, I sat on the stool, and began welcoming the people in the line. They would pay me, and I'd stick the money in a lock box, before pecking them on the lips.