"It's easier knowing there isn't a chance he can get deployed, but I still worry." It had been 5 months since Marcus resigned from the SAS, the Army didn't want to let him go just yet so he was a sub-contractor and went in once a week to train new recruits. Part of the deal he made was that he was happy to train new recruits for a year, but deployment was out of the option. It took a lot of stress and anxiety off her shoulders considering his last tour nearly broke her when she got a call saying he had been injured.

Her first thought was that he was gone, and she was glad Sophie and Noah had been with her. She remembered turning up to the hospital scared out of her mind that she would find him half dead lying in the hospital bed and she cried out in relief when she found him awake and smiling at her. He had been shot in the right shoulder and while there was no lasting damage they put him on medical leave for a few months. After that Marcus and Jade had a lengthy discussion and when he asked to join her growing business, she was more than happy to say yes.

Jade didn't realise how long she had been sitting outside for until Ace jumped off the swing and ran inside barking as the front door opened. Looking at her watch she saw it was 5 and moved herself back into her chair and wheeled inside.

"Hello Love. How was your day?" Marcus came over and kissed her forehead. He was dressed in shorts and a tight t-shirt with their company on it with personal trainer written in bold white letters on the back. She could help the lustful gaze she gave him, remembering the way those muscles flexed over her this morning before he went to work.

"Tiring. Scan are still the same as last time and they are still telling me the chances of walking again are 0%." She shrugged her shoulders and watched as he slowly removed his shirt as he walked over to the fridge. Her mouth watered as he hungrily ran her lustful gaze over his back and ass as he bent down the grab a drink from the lower shelves. She didn't realise how longer she had been starring until he chuckled.

"You know I'm not a piece of meat right." He cocked one eyebrow, and she just shrugged her shoulder.

"I mean you look tasty enough to eat, so I don't know." She smiled up at him cheekily and watched as he flexed his muscles as he showed off. Jade shook her head and wheeled over to the kitchen to check on dinner.

"I have some news. Did you want to hear it know or over dinner?" He asked as she stabbed the meat with a thermometer to see if it was done.

"Over dinner. I have some news too." She chewed her lip and looked over her shoulder to see Marcus watching her closing.

"It's about the doctor's appointment today, isn't it?" She nodded her head and asked for the tea towel, which he passed over.

"Is it good news or bad news?" Marcus asked again once she had pulled the meat out.

"Both." She chewed her lip as she pulled out the vegetables as Marcus took the meat out of the tray and started cutting it up. They both worked in silence as they finished getting dinner ready. Marcus fed Ace as Jade set to table. Once everything was done Jade moved herself into the chair at the table and turned down the music until it was playing softly in the background.

"You go first. What news do you have?" She asked, trying to delay her news as long as possible.

"Okay. I got a call today. They want me to go on one last tour. Marco said he doesn't trust anyone else on the team but me. They told me it is a low risk, and I said I would think about it." Marcus continued to talk as fear built up inside of Jade. She could no longer hear anything as water rushed into her ears and she tried to breath. She knew she was having a panic attack.

Not only by her short breathing and fuzzy head, but also the way Ace was barking and trying to jump into her lap despite her pushing him away. She saw Marcus quickly push his chair back and come over.