Chapter 45

Chapter 45

The next week and a half passed in a blur. Jade was getting used to living in her new house and Marcus was busy at work. Jade's appointment at the doctors didn't give her much new news. Her brain scans were basically the same and the doctor gave her some new medication to take on top of her already overflowing pile she had to take daily. The only good thing that had happened this past week was that Jade started hydrotherapy. She did her first few lessons with Andrea at the local pool with Noah watching and a few sessions at her home.

Jade found she was making better progress with this than any other form of occupational therapy. She had exercises to try and she found herself doing them with Noah every 2-3 days. She found in the water she was able to stand with the support, because her body felt weightless and she didn't have to rely on her body to keep her standing.

"You seem distracted today Jade," Andrea asked as she tried to get Jade to push herself off her chair again.

"My family is coming around for my birthday tomorrow. Haven't seen them in a while." She shrugged her shoulders as she started to push herself off her chair.

"Well Happy Birthday and I'm sure it will all be fine." She helped Jade move into a different chair showing her where to put her body weight and move around. They finished up their session with Jade trying to pick up and move items around to work on her cognitive development.

"You are getting better at this Jade. We can start moving to harder objects." She smiled as Jade picked up the glass of water from point A and moved it to point B without any trouble.

"You are also getting stronger. When do you start back up at the gym?" Jade helped Andrea put a few things away because it helped her, in the long run, trying to build up that muscle memory.

"This week. I had to get all cleared from the doctor first which happened last week. Just have been really busy with the move and everything." Andrea nodded her head and walked out with Jade as she pushed herself.

She found Sophia waiting for her because Noah had to go and do something with his ex-wife today but, would be round later that afternoon.

"I shall see you next week Jade. Enjoy tomorrow." Jade smiled and waved her hand as she left with Sophia.

"How was it today?" She asked as they got into the car and Jade explained on the way to the shops. Sophia was going to help Jade with the shopping that was needed for tomorrow. They arrived at the local supermarket and grabbed the wheelchair trolley that Jade had requested so she could do the shopping herself.

"You got the list," Jade asked as she grabbed some fruit and put it into her basket.

"I do." The shop took half an hour to grab everything they needed for tomorrow. Both women walked out of the supermarket laughing as they loaded the shopping into the car.

When they arrived, back at her home Jade put shopping bags in her lap and wheeled herself into her house. She placed them on her bench before she proceeded to take out the perishable items and put them in the fridge.

"Knock, knock," Noah said as he let himself in as they left the front door unlocked knowing he would be over soon.

"Hey, Noah." Jade waved as he put his bag down in the kitchen.

"You ladies need any help?" He asked looking through the bags. Jade smiled and shook her head. Over the last few weeks, Noah and Sophia had become more like friends then carers. Which Jade appreciated, because she needed some friends in her life. She was also hoping that once she was able to function by herself that they would all stay friends.