he falls asleep on your lap

You looked toward the recording booth when you heard the door open.

Luke came walking out and over to you. He looked so tired, so drained of all of his energy, not that he really had much to begin with today.

He's had a rough few days and even though he's trying to put on a brave face he finds it difficult to be anything but himself around you, making it harder to hide the fact that he feels he's crumbling under the pressure that's been put on him.

You put your phone down and opened your arms. He sat beside you but when you pulled him closer and made his head fall onto your lap he could only sigh contently. "You okay?" He shrugged his shoulders.

You know your boyfriend all too well. You know he's exhausted and he can't keep fighting the sleep his body is craving so much.

So, you started to move your fingers through his hair. Itw as a trick you've learned helps him fall asleep fast when he's tired and always seems to help him relax.

And just as you thought they would, his shoulders soon dropped as he felt the tension fade away a little. "The boys will want me back in there soon," he mumbled but you could tell he was quickly giving up in fighting the exhaustion he felt.

"They'll manage without for twenty minutes. You need a little sleep." He could only hum in response, too relaxed by your comforting touch. "Maybe you should take a day off? Just one to really relax and catch up on some sleep. The more you do this to yourself the worse you're gonna feel."

He nodded. He couldn't argue with you. He knows you're right and you're only looking out for him.

But right now he didn't even have the strength to speak. He was already drifting off to sleep. Your touch was so soft and comforting, he couldn't help but melt right into it. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" He asked tiredly.

You leaned down to kiss his forehead and smiled against his soft skin. "Every single day, and you know I love you just as much. Now sleep."

The door to the booth opened up again a few minutes later. Calum stood there staring at you and Luke. The words that were ready to fall from his lips suddenly vanished when he saw that Luke was sleeping.

He waved his hand and shook his head, signaling for you not to wake him up, knowing he really has been putting himself under too much pressure and stress and could use the sleep.

They'd manage without him for a little while. He was sleeping soundly on your lap and no one was in a rush to wake him, and especially not you.