he carries you to bed

Luke closed the door with a heavy sigh. He rested his back against it for a moment. He needed a minute to regroup and catch his breath from being stuck in practice for most of the day.

He was so exhausted, telling himself all he had to do was make it upstairs to bed where he knew you were.

Or, so he thought.

It was after midnight and he expected you to be in bed either sleeping or close to falling asleep.

So it caught him off guard when he entered the living room to find you sleeping on the couch. Your arm was hanging off of it, your face buried into the pillow as you snored. He heard the sound of laughter and he turned his head to find you had fallen asleep watching friends.

The remote was by the couch, right under your hand. You must've dropped it in your sleep.

Luke took off his shoes so his footsteps would be quieter as he approached you. He carefully took the remote without waking you and turned the tv off before lifting you in his arms. You stirred slightly but didn't wake up until Luke was halfway up the stairs.

"Hey, baby. You fell asleep on the couch so I'm just carrying you up to bed now. You can go back to sleep if you want to." So sleepy, you only nodded and closed your eyes again causing Luke to chuckle and shake his head.

He laid you on your back and reached for the blankets, only pausing when he felt you take ahold of his hand in your much smaller one. You were smiling at him as you squeezed his hand. He let go to change quickly then laid beside you.

"Did you have a good day?" You asked as you sleepily stroked his cheek. His eyes closed as he relaxed at your touch. "It was good, just tiring."

You nodded and moved as close as you could to him. You pressed a few kisses against his neck and heard him sigh. "I hope your day is just as great tomorrow."

With his eyes still closed, he smiled. "It will be. Because I get to spend it with you. I don't have anything to do for a couple of days so I declare a lazy day with you tomorrow."

You scrunched up your nose as he pressed a kiss against it. "I love you." You said as you leaned your head on his shoulder.

You felt his arms wrap around you and his lips lazily press against your head. "I love you more, y/n." He said before you both fell asleep, ready for a day together tomorrow.