you're sick

Luke crawled onto the bed next to you, trying to be careful not to wake you.

You were sick pretty much all throughout the night last night and he was happy to see you catching up on sleep.

He saw your forehead coated in sweat. He brushed some hair away that was clinging to your forehead. He had to bite his lip when he felt how hot your forehead was. It hurt him to see you so sick, especially when there wasn't a way for him to take it away from you. It just had to run it's course until you felt better.

You let out a whimper and open your eyes. "You okay?" Luke checked, searching your eyes for any sign of any discomfort. He was ready to reach down and grab the bucket for you but you didn't need it. At least not at that moment.

"I'm cold." Luke reached down and grabbed the blankets from the foot of the bed that you had kicked off only ana hour ago when you complained you were too hot. He couldn't blame you though. Your fever was high and you'd keep going through this hot and cold change until your body was able to fight it off.

He draped the blankets over you, pulling them up to your chin and making sure your feet and arms were tucked inside. He stroked your cheek with a sad smile. You could see the worry in his blue eyes that weren't nearly as bright as usual.

"What else can I do for you? Are you hungry? Do you need some soup?" You shook your head weakly with a whine. "No, and if you mention food once more I'm gonna throw up on you." Luke laughed quietly and kissed your forehead.

"My stomach still really hurts." He snaked his hand under an edge of the blanket and started to rub your stomach for you. He hoped it wouldn't cause you any more discomfort and when you let out a small hum he knew it was helping.

"Not too cold, right?" You shook your head and closed your eyes because they felt heavy. Whatever you had was making you feel absolutely miserable and if you could sleep for most of the day, you weren't gonna complain about that.

"Tired, honey?" You weakly nodded and started to drift away but your eyes shot open when Luke pulled his hand away from your stomach. "No. Please don't stop. Please keep rubbing my stomach. You're helping me."

And with that, his hand was back on your stomach, fingers rubbing soft circles onto your feverish skin. You closed your eyes again and this time Luke didn't pull his hand away.

"Get some sleep, y/n. I'm here if you need anything." Luke said as his lips brushed across your temple as you fell back asleep, hoping to feel better soon.