quarantining together (requested)

Luke put down his guitar and closed his notebook before running his hand across his face. Even during quarantine he's still trying to write a few songs and play some new ones he's had stuck in his head. But he's tired and in need of a break.

He got up from his chair and went down the hall to your shared bedroom. You sat on the edge of the bed looking as bored as he felt. He sat down next to you and wordlessly pulled you close to his side. "You alright?"

You just shrugged. You're not really sure how you feel anymore. You're worried about your family and friends, some who aren't really in the best positions or as lucky as you. You miss the old normal and the old routine you once took for granted.

Your head fell on Luke's shoulder and you let out a sigh. "I'm just anxious." He kissed your head a few times. He understood. In fact, he feels the same way. He's just as worried, he's just a little better at masking it than you.

"I know. It's gonna get better though. One day, hopefully soon, we're gonna be back doing the things we love." You looked up at him, only letting your eyes close when he stroked your cheek. "I'm happy I have you. I mean, I'm always happy that I have you. But now more than ever. I can't imagine not having you by my side through this."

Luke smiled and tilted your chin up so he could kiss you. "I feel the same way." He fell back on the bed and pulled you on top of him making you giggle. "I know it's tough and sometimes it doesn't feel like it, but we're gonna get through this. One day everything will be back to normal. Maybe just this time, we won't take that for granted anymore."

You nodded and laid your head on his chest. His fingers pushed away at the hem of your shirt, slipping underneath to run his fingers along your back, dragging them in comforting circles.

"I love you." He muttered. You turned your head, smiling at him before pecking his lips. "Love you too. Can we please watch something together now? You did promise me that we could when you finished doing some work."

The look in your eyes made his heart melt. He could never tell you no.

He reached for the remote and you went to grab it from his hand but he shook his head. "No, no. I'm comfortable with you laying with me like this. You tell me what you wanna watch and I'll turn it on."

You ultimately decided on black mirror but barely made it through the first ten minutes. Because you were so comfortable on his chest you couldn't fight the sleep you were craving so desperately.

Quarantine wasn't so terrible with Luke right there with you.