⤷ eleven

༄ chapter eleven

༄ chapter eleven

-ˋˏ AN EYE FOR AN EYE ˎˊ-

"VERA?" Her father's voice sounded unfamiliar, distant and garbled, as if she had never before heard the elderly man speak before. He stepped down off the platform, leading the young boy with him. Kirk was still grappling to hold Vera against him, a supporting nature she needed to quell the shock of seeing a man she never believed would be a part of her life again. 

Now, Vera's father, Cassius Lemuria, was standing before her, a young boy she assumed to be her own half-brother clinging to him, and she was beyond shocked. 

No, she was mad. Mad that, as she had heard over the comm, Spock's mother was dead, while her father was alive. From the emotion that clouded his voice when she fell and died, it was evident that the Vulcan, however unfeeling, loved his mother greatly, something that couldn't be said for Vera and her father. Cassius was not a man she had intended to ever see again, especially not in such a time of peril. 

The only people left in the room were herself, Cassius, the boy, Kirk, and Spock, the latter two simply watching on as the father and daughter had somewhat of a staring contest. In a flash, Cassius hobbled over to Vera, using the boy as a bit of a crutch. He was reaching out to her, though she wouldn't accept it. She stepped backwards as he stepped forwards, shaking her head, her ponytail whipping about with the vehement nature of her disapproval. A sneer was painted across her face, her eyes filled with disgust as she looked at the man who had abandoned her family, the man who abandoned her. 

Cassius Lemuria and Vera Lemuria-Crynn had, once upon a time, long ago, been very close. They were the sort of father-daughter duo that many young girls could merely dream to have. In her youth, Vera went on diplomatic missions time and time again with her father, used as a sort of crutch of peace. She had travelled the galaxy, learning things and experiencing life as she would never be able to on Earth, and for that she was forever grateful. 

It wasn't until after her head injury on Vulcan, though, that things changed, and Cassius became increasingly distant from his youngest child. Eventually, it was revealed that Cassius would be leaving the family in favor of Vulcan, where he intended to create a family with a woman he had fallen in love with on one of his missions. It seemed, by the looks of the child beside him, Cassius had been successful, though it was at the cost of Vera's trust and her immense hatred for the diplomat. 

Shaking her head again, Vera took a deep, shaking breath, her eyes fluttering over to Kirk and Spock, who were still looking on. Cassius stepped forward again, outstretching his hand to place on his daughters cheek, but she refused, ducking out of the way. "No," she said before she left the transport room, desperate to find Kit and tell him of what had happened.