"Yeah come in" Diya said as she arranged the books on the book shelf that she had just dusted. Sorting and arrangement was something that gave her relief when she was troubled. She couldn't resort to alcohol like  the old times.

"Hi" meeta stood there nervously, with one hand she held her big baby bump, and leaned behind holding her back with the other hand

"Oh hi, Whats the matter, do you need anything?" Diya asked politely, diplomatic, formal, if you heard her you couldn't say that they were sisters

"No-I-"

"Are you fine? Do you need something? Do you want to go to the doctor?" Diya repeated. 

"I am! Stop treating me like a guest"  Meeta snapped. The emotional rush was getting the better of her. Diya sighed and continued rearranging the books.

"Okay, fine, what do you me to do?"

"Talk to me! Tell me everything that you want to say, pour it out!" Meeta said now almost choking.

"Is this normal, you know smile, snap, cry? Is this how pregnancy works?" Diya asked trying to change the topic

"Im being serious Diya, since I've come, you haven't made a proper conversation with me, talk to me, you are the baby of this aunt! Nothing has changed Diya I'm still the same!" Meeta said rubbing her belly. 

Diwali had passed by quickly, into oblivion. One of them was fixed and the other broken

"What do you want to talk about huh? What? Ek baar keh dete, ek baar keh dete ki Diya 'I love someone, I want to elope with him' I wouldve helped you, keh dete ki, 'Diya you sit in the mandap instead of me' at first I would have said no but eventually I would have conceded! Have I ever said no to you!?! You just left. like that. Nothing is same Di, nothing is same!" Diya nodded and left the room furiously. 

-

"I tried to explain to her ved, I did, she is so mad at me" Meeta cried as she sat on the bed, 

"Hey hey, darling, she will understand, she is your tiny sister, just give her sometime" Vedant said as he held Meeta's shoulder and kissed her on the neck. He really did love her. 

"And then do you think she'll be able to resist when our cute little baby pops out" Vedant said as he turned Meeta's face towards him, wiped the tears trickling down her face and then making the pop sound with his mouth that made Meeta giggle,she gently moved back to get the support of the bed and said, "You know I'm super horny today" grinning like a teenager.

"Honey, that glow is turning me on but no! I'm not risking the baby!" Vedant declared

"But sex is good during pregnancy!"

"Accha, is it?" Vedant smiled playfully and slowly moved towards her only to tickle her. Their loud giggles resounded in the room and could be heard to anyone who passed by. So Diya heard it, as she passed by the room.

She smiled, knowing that atleast one of them was happy and was reminded of the time Arjun was running behind her in the Haveli. She slowly continued walking to the kitchen and picked out a glass from the shelf.

She used her phone torch and began pouring herself some wine. The lights of the kitchen were switched on, she saw vedant enter, she made eye contact and quickly turned away.

"Well well well, someone is being naughty, alcohol at night" He said whimsically 

"Why, do you want some?" Diya asked sarastically. They were both prone to being sarcastic with each other, after all both of them loved the same person very dearly.