Chapter 19: Black mail and delivered

It wasn't long after I showed Louis the message when he sat back on the bed and stared at the phone speechless. We were all on the bus heading to the next location when I asked Louis if I could speak with him and I showed him the text from Gemma.

"What are you gonna do?" He asks me and I shrugged unsure of anything at this point. Sometimes I wonder how simple my life would be back at my trashy apartment and my Starbucks job back in LA.

"I don't want to tell Niall and get him worked up but I also don't want to do nothing and she leaks this picture. I know how much Niall values his privacy." I sigh and lock my phone before I place my hands over my face stressed over the situation.

"It wouldn't be good if his label found out. Not only would he be coming out, he's dating his guitarist which would shatter any credibility to you being a good artist. You'd probably be fired and Niall would have major set backs." Louis says not really making the situation better but making my decision more evident.

"Maybe I should just surrender to her?" I whisper under my breath and I felt a smack to my leg before I looked at Louis as if he was crazy for actually hitting me.

"Are you insane? You would shatter Nialls heart again over a stupid picture that you can't even tell is you?!" He whisper yells before he looked around and then back to me.

He takes the phone from where it was sitting and unlocks it due to his Face ID being in my phone to look at the picture again.

"When I go on stage tomorrow and that picture hits the media everyone will know." I say before brushing my curls into low ponytail.

"No. It won't." He says biting his lip before looking at me then back at the picture.

"What do you mean?" I ask him looking at him as if he wasn't listening to me at all.

"You're not normally a blonde. If we dye your hair brown again before the show then you won't have to worry about anyone knowing it's you. You wouldn't have blonde hair anymore." Louis says and I felt a beam of excitement shoot through me. God Louis is a life saver and here when you need him.

"God I could kiss you." I smile and then I remember having a conversation with Nialls manager, her supervisor and the producer this morning with blonde hair.

"Fuck, wait-" I stop Louis from celebrating himself. "His manager knows I have blonde hair. She'll know that hallway and so will every other exec that was here this morning." I tell him and he snaps his finger after thinking for a long time.

"We come up with a story. Me and you were down in the lobby while Niall met up with his secret girlfriend." Louis says pointing at me solving yet another piece of the problem. I thank him and he nods as in a smart Alec way knowing his purpose was fulfilled.

But I couldn't help but feel a bit strange bout the situation. Of course I care about Niall and how he wants to go about his coming out situation but I still don't get how much I'll have to go through just to keep things underground. Things would be so much easier if we were just honest with his label and he came out but I can't tell anyone when or how.

"Hey Lou?" I ask as he looks up from his phone from his laid back position on the bed.

"Yes master Harold?" He asks and I lay next to him laying on my elbow on the right side of my body facing him. He places his phone down giving me his full attention.

"Am I wrong for not wanting to be in the shadows anymore?" I ask him and I watch him react to my question before he sighs and lays on his back staring at the ceiling.